All reviews room was clean make your own waffles an overnight stay pool and hot tub homeless people free parking close to the airport san francisco microwave cereal iron hairdryer tile furnishings
Reviewed 4 November 2015

We chose the hotel for its lower-than-most rates. But it's near the noisy freeway, the building is old and deteriorating, blackout curtains don't block bright exterior lights, mattress was just adequate, refrigerator and window-mounted AC/heater were noisy, and overall it's just a place to crash for the night. Bring earplugs.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015

I had to make a last minute trip (and on a budget) so I gave this place a try. It was an excellent choice. Sure it is not fancy and at the time, the pool was out of service, but it was the least of my concerns. I had a room (per request) with a fridge and microwave oven. The staff was very friendly and let me check in about 15 minutes before time. Parking was free and did not received extra charges.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2015

near Oakland airport, stayed there before flying home, great breakfast, Free Wifi, hotel was undergoing renovation. free shuttle to airport. Room was pleasant, had a microwave and refrigerator and used them.
room was clean but old. Just stayed for the trip out the next day. Had a coffee machine as well.

Room Tip: Good Place to stay if your flying out of Oakland
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen V
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Checked in , the lady at front desk was very friendly, an helpful. The next day went into office to let them know I would be needing 2 more night. The day shift lady , with no personality( zero personality) said they had no more rooms. I called choice hotels to try to find a room, they booked me in a room, At the same motel I was already in. And she told me they were booked up. When I went into the office with my reservation number, she said I would have to move rooms because the one I was in was reserved. Ok. I moved all my stuff( when you travel an work construction, you don't pack light) and my dogs down to the second floor. Well that room I was in wasn't used that night. The guys traveling with us didn't have to move, she just would not work with me at all. Not sure why, I never did or, said anything out the way. Now, the maids , they are wonderful . And very efficient , they were on the ball, and very friendly. They made my stay a good one. The rooms were old , but very clean. Still not worth the $189 a night.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I arrived late at night due to a flight delay, very tired and looking forward to a comfy place to crash. When I arrived at the hotel, I noticed I was in a sketchy part of town and before I could get out of the car, I was approached by a man loitering in the parking lot asking for money and other things. I took off- found another hotel in a safer part of town which was much further than I had planned to be! I called the front desk to cancel, explain the situation and asked for a refund, they transferred me to the manager's voicemail, no response, so I left another message a couple of days later. No response until about a week later an employee called me on the manager's behalf which is terrible customer service. Not only did they even care about the situation, they questioned me like I was lying! No refund back to my credit card except for $75.00 they said. It has been almost 2 weeks and I still have received a refund of $75.00! Terrible way to treat a customer.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMT2323
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to write your concerns. From the log of reservations, here are few highlights to consider. Your reservation was a NO Cancel No Change reservations with advance purchase discounts applied. We received a call from you at 3:30 PM on day of your arrival that your flight is canceled and would like to cancel reservation. Our agent notified that because of your reservation being non-cancellable it can't be modified or canceled. Your notation of being at hotel late at night parking lot is away from the fact. However, our front office manager returned your call and as a good customer service offered you the refund she promised contrary to fact that no refund/cancellation/modification was permissible with your reservation. We do understand your frustration for not being able to get full refund, however, in this case we went above and beyond and still made substantial compromise on our part. Warm regards.