Free cancellation until 26/07
Hotels.com
US$210
US$173
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

US$159
US$309
US$297
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$195
  • Breakfast included
US$228
US$218
US$461
US$401
Homewood
All reviewsthe concierge loungebart stationsan franciscoself parkm clubjack london squarecorner roomhigh floorroom serviceper daydirectly across the streetbay viewoutdoor poolbusiness tripupon checkeasy accessfarmers market
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon Check in was greeted by the Mobile Check-in by "Mykayla" she had a pleasant disposition and immediately recognized my platinum status and thanked me for being a loyal member! Without asking, she immediately stated she was searching the availability of a suite or upgraded room for me. She advised she wasn't able to find a suite but was able to find a beautiful upgraded room. What stood out for me was her genuine care and concern and her demeanor and speaking with me! I also had the opportunity to personally share my experience with her Manager " Mark", who also simply put! GREAT, he obviously sets the tone for excellent customer service! I forgot to also mention the Front Door Gentleman "Kenneth" and forgot the name of the other gentleman at the door, I believe the Head Bellman, but they have been there for years! And they are the epitome of professionalism and Kindness! Thank you for making my stay great! Ps .The hotel amenities were great as well very modern and Clean!

Stayed: June 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear milton557,

Thank you for choosing Oakland Marriott City Center. We are pleased you liked your upgraded room and the outstanding service provided by our associates made it for an exceptional experience. We will definitely share your compliments with Mykayla, Mark, and Kenneth. We appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum Elite member and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've stayed here 6-7 times in the last 2 years. The staff are are so helpful and really care about the guests. Tonight, Jorge went out of his way to make sure I was happy with my room. Thank you Jorge! After a really long day and flight, he made my night..

The hotel rooms are nicely upgraded and it's right off BART. So easy from SFO. And only 10-15 minutes on BART to downtown San Francisco.

Also-downtown Oakland has fabulous restaurants within walking distance.

Great place to stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Beachlovergal50,

Thank you for returning to the Oakland Marriott City Center for your stay. The best compliment a guest can give is to return to a hotel that they love, and to share their experience with others. We continually strive to provide our guests with the most memorable experience and your comments show that we are meeting that goal. We will share your wonderful feedback with Jorge. He will be very happy to hear that his efforts have been noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So I usually like to stay in San Francisco when I go to the Bay Area but on this trip, we stayed at the Marriot City Center in Oakland. I was not sure about being so far out of San Francisco, but there is a subway station pretty much on the block that can get you there faster than a car. Additionally, if you are a Marriot Rewards member, you get access to the lounge area, including a free breakfast and some snacks/desserts throughout the day. They have alcohol as well for sale, but it is pricey.
In addition the the lounge, the room was updated nicely and the Western facing rooms have an amazing view of San Francisco if you are above the, probably 8th floor. Lastly, I was surprisingly pleased with the proximity of the restaurant to both China Town (some culture and amazing dim sum takeout places and deliciously affordable eateries) and some cool shops and bars/restaurants. I literally ran out 2 blocks away for takeout dimsum one morning and was back in 20 minutes. Grab coffee on the way back to the room from the free lounge breakfast and your set.
Last note that I think is worth mentioning - Oakland has diversity and being out on a Saturday surrounded by more people of color than white folks was really great. It's nice to see that Oakland still has diversity where San Francisco has lost a lot to gentrification.

Room Tip: Best views on Western side of building above the 8th floor (or as high up as they have available).
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Patrick G,

Thank you for choosing Oakland Marriott City Center and for the kind review. We truly appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you could enjoy our convenient, modern hotel that reflects the dynamic surroundings of downtown of Oakland. We understand the importance of the details that make up a great stay and are happy knowing our urban cool guest rooms enhanced your visit with us. We look forward to your next visit soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed one night for a client meeting. Check-in was smooth. My room was clean and spacious for a standard room. I had a nice view of downtown San Francisco. Bed was comfortable and bath had standard Marriott amenities. The food selections during happy hour in the executive lounge were not great for a non-meat eater. I opted for a light dinner in the bar/restaurant. Good service there despite it being packed for game 3 of the NBA finals. I also had breakfast there and the selections were varied and inventive for a hotel restaurant. I will stay here again when I visit this client.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Kara Y,

Thank you for sharing about your stay at Oakland Marriott City Center. We are glad to know you had a pleasant time with us and liked your clean & well-appointed room, along with our best service. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I booked a package here which included daily breakfast, parking, bottle of champagne on arrival, two cocktails per day at the restaurant. The receptionist told us that we could take breakfast either in the M lounge as I am a gold status member or at the restaurant. Went up to the room no bottle champagne. Call down to three separate places no one knew anything about it. Even Went back to reception where they assured me everything would be taken care of. Eventually the champagne bottle showed up in the evening after I’ve gone out for the night. Went to the restaurant for a couple cocktails and some snacks. The bartender nor the manager knew anything about their included cocktails and after many phone calls it was taken off our bill eventually. The next morning, went to the restaurant to have breakfast and was embarrassingly told by the server and the manager that we are not allowed to eat there and to go to the M lounge. After that, we just went to the lounge as I didn’t want to bother with trying to get breakfast at the restaurant. The hotel is fairly busy so I’m assuming I didn’t get any sort of upgrades in the room which is OK. Through The app I did request someone dental kits and shaving kits that never showed up in the room. The M lounge clothes breakfast at 9 AM which surprised both me and many other guests. I don’t know how many leisure tourists try to get breakfast in that early. I don’t know whether it’s this hotel or service in California in general but the staff were fairly unhelpful and downright surly sometimes. I even witnessed a lady struggling with the heavy bag from the back of an Uber car with bellman and valet is just watching her. It’s in a good location I’ll give it that, the room is clean, the bathrooms are very small. Plan never going back and I others to avoid the hotel and go somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear RichardAZ,

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our top priority is excellent service, and we are sorry for a lack of responsiveness to your needs and for the attitude of our staff. Thanks for choosing us and we hope this does not prevent you from returning. We would welcome the opportunity to show you this is not typical and provide the service you deserve from us every visit.