“Off Road Redwood Tour”

Segway Off Road Adventures - Private Tours
Ranked #5 of 23 Tours in Oakland
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We were on our annual Baseball Trip, and decided that we needed to try something different before the game. Off Road Segway sounded like something to try. Met up with Drew, our guide. He was great. His first concern when we first met, and all through the trip, was SAFETY. He was always watching over us. The Redwood tour was awesome. We not only had a blast on the Segway's, we also got a history lesson about the forest and all its surroundings. Drew was very knowledgeable about the forest. I would highly recommend this trip. Thanks Drew, we had a blast. Rick, Scott, Duane, Steve.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We had such a blast on the Redwood Segway tour! The next time my sister and niece come we all want to do it again. It was the highlight of their visit up here. Drew is so knowledgeable about the redwoods which made it so interesting, and he's so experienced with the Segways that he gave us scaredy cats confidence to use them on the trail. For me this was very emotional because my husband and I used to hike Half Dome in Yosemite every year before whe was diagnosed with MS and now 6 years later, thanks to Drew we're back on the trails. It was just amazing

1  Thank Shari S
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I had no idea how much fun we could possibly have going through the Redwoods on a tour that we took my niece & sister-in-law on. This was the first time my sister-in-law & niece had ever been on a Segway they were so scared & intimidated by it at first but within five minutes they felt confident & excited to go on the adventure & what a great adventure was.
My wife found this great person named Drew Foster who customized & built a Segway for me because I have multiple sclerosis & cancer. It was a great adventure. If there were a way to roll out the red carpet on a nature Adventure he did it. It was so much fun! If you've never been on a Segway this will be the best adventure you can go on in an opportunity for you and your children or your nieces and nephews to learn about California and the Redwoods. - Arlie, the Costco Guy

1  Thank Gino S
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Drew took my family of 5 on a Segway tour of the redwoods. We had a great time! He is easy going and has an abundance of fun knowledgeable facts he shared along the way. We have been on four Segway tours at other locations and this one was our favorite! We look forward to enjoying the longer 4 hour tour with him this summer!

1  Thank Juliebayarea
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 April 2016

5.0 star rating 4/29/2016
I recent enjoyed a recent off road Segway experience int he Oakland Hills. It was a pretty unique experience and I had never traveled through the park in this fashion.
Drew Foster, who designed the off road Segway, led the tour and it was a really good time - scenic, great views, informative, and a great way to take in Oakland Hills.
Drew was quite patient with us in getting a handle on the Segway's negotiation, and make me feel very safe on it
It was a unique way to learn more about Oakland's parkland and local history of the area, and experience it on an innovative vehicle created by the tour leader. Well worth the time for visitors and locals like myself!

1  Thank David K