“Amazing Segway tour of the Redwoods”

Segway Off Road Adventures - Private Tours
Ranked #5 of 24 Tours in Oakland
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I had no idea how much fun we could possibly have going through the Redwoods on a tour that we took my niece & sister-in-law on. This was the first time my sister-in-law & niece had ever been on a Segway they were so scared & intimidated by it at first but within five minutes they felt confident & excited to go on the adventure & what a great adventure was.
My wife found this great person named Drew Foster who customized & built a Segway for me because I have multiple sclerosis & cancer. It was a great adventure. If there were a way to roll out the red carpet on a nature Adventure he did it. It was so much fun! If you've never been on a Segway this will be the best adventure you can go on in an opportunity for you and your children or your nieces and nephews to learn about California and the Redwoods. - Arlie, the Costco Guy

1  Thank Gino S

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Drew took my family of 5 on a Segway tour of the redwoods. We had a great time! He is easy going and has an abundance of fun knowledgeable facts he shared along the way. We have been on four Segway tours at other locations and this one was our favorite! We look forward to enjoying the longer 4 hour tour with him this summer!

1  Thank Juliebayarea
Reviewed 29 April 2016

5.0 star rating 4/29/2016
I recent enjoyed a recent off road Segway experience int he Oakland Hills. It was a pretty unique experience and I had never traveled through the park in this fashion.
Drew Foster, who designed the off road Segway, led the tour and it was a really good time - scenic, great views, informative, and a great way to take in Oakland Hills.
Drew was quite patient with us in getting a handle on the Segway's negotiation, and make me feel very safe on it
It was a unique way to learn more about Oakland's parkland and local history of the area, and experience it on an innovative vehicle created by the tour leader. Well worth the time for visitors and locals like myself!

1  Thank David K
Reviewed 25 August 2015

A cool experience for discover San Francisco with Drew. You have the time to look around and you learn so much things about the city with the knowledge of Drew. The catch in hand of the vehicle is done quickly. Drew is attentive and making safe. He take pics souvenir of you, don't worry, just enjoy. Perfect for discover San Francisco with a local. See you soon. Jerome (sorry for my english)

1  Thank Jérôme M
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 December 2014

Loved the physical adaption to this 2 wheeled balancing act. Easierthan it looks. In fact after 15 minutes you're not even thinking about what to do. It became intuitive, all you had to do was think and it responded to your thoughts. So cool. I want one. Crusing through SF was safe with our capable and knowledgeable guide. 2 Hour dream time. Definitely will returnfor this one.

2  Thank Michael F