“Awesome adventure in SF embarcadero”

Segway Off Road Adventures - Private Tours
Ranked #5 of 22 Tours in Oakland
Reviewed 4 December 2014

Loved the physical adaption to this 2 wheeled balancing act. Easierthan it looks. In fact after 15 minutes you're not even thinking about what to do. It became intuitive, all you had to do was think and it responded to your thoughts. So cool. I want one. Crusing through SF was safe with our capable and knowledgeable guide. 2 Hour dream time. Definitely will returnfor this one.

2  Thank Michael F

Reviewed 28 October 2014

This tour was so awesome!! We were riding these specialized off-road segways with big off-road wheels. It was so much fun! Make sure you don't have back problems!

2  Thank Eric R
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was a really great trip, i did it today and even my grandmother had a great time. The guide was great and was very knowledgeable.

2  Thank 1234566785848fuh
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I did the Redwoods tour last week and it was enchanting! Before heading into the redwoods, Drew made sure we were well trained on the Segway. He first worked with each of us individually to make sure we understood how to control it and then gave us time to practice basic stops and turns before taking us on a little obstacle course to test our new skills. Once he could see we were all comfortable and in control, we headed out on our adventure in the redwoods. The riding was fun, like floating along, and the stories Drew told throughout the tour really brought the forest and it's history to life. Near the end of the tour, we stopped at a friendly restaurant where Drew has pre-negotiated amazing prices where you can purchase a yummy snack. It was delicious and super cheap! I recommend wearing layers, as it got a little chilly late in the day. This was definitely a great experience and you will appreciate the redwoods even more once you take this tour!

4  Thank Jenny M
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I'm a work aholic and i found that I really enjoyed myself. So when u first pull up to Mr. Fosters house, your invited in to watch the safety video which is about 15 minutes. from there u sign a waiver. Once everyone is ready he takes u outside and patiently teaches each and everyone how to get on and off the segways without hurting themselves. As each one gets instructed one by one he has them go up and down the street to get use to the movement of the segway prior to taking off for the actual tour. I found the science center wonderful and when we entered the Redwoods it was beautiful. You would never know they were there unless your familar with that area. Once we left the Redwoods we went to a small restaurant which had really good food. My son hasn't quit asking me for one he says they're better then a scooter and a bike. I would highly recommend Mr. Fosters tour , he has lots of patients, and he makes sure your comfortable with your segway before heading off on the tour

1  Thank Connee S