“Fun brew spot near Downtown Oakland”

Woods Bar & Brewery
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was the final stop of a larger brewery tour of Easy Bay, and I was very pleased to be winding down at Woods. I had the Cookie flight that was brews paired with Girl Scout cookies and came with an old-school badge - so fun! The beers were great and definitely did a good job of pairing with the cookies. I also tried a chicken empenada and was not disappointed.

There was plenty of seating, and since it was a nice day, the seating area had opened up large doors to create an indoor/outdoor feeling throughout the place. Great atmosphere during the day, and a great end to a wonderful tour!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Nice atmosphere, good crowd but sorely lacking in wine selection. The white was truly horrible and the Rose marginal. Didn’t try the red

I’m not a beer drinker so there was not much here for me

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We came here to support our friends who were performing this past Saturday night and it is located on the corner of 17th and Telegraph! The entrance is open and airy and the band was playing right there. We walked all the way into the back of the place to order drinks and get some yummy empanadas! I had a chicken empanada and a ginger pale which was very good and my friend had ginger pale as well as a mushroom empanada! The empanadas were in the warmer and there was plenty to eat in one!

I loved the acoustics and the place got pretty crowded around 10:30 or 11 pm and it was jammed pack and I was literally standing right in front of the band. Great place for music!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Great place. Live music outside creating a nice atmosphere. Lovely inside with tall table and chairs and a long bar. Friendly service, great beer but also steep prices for Oakland. Overall a lovely time. They had some pretty tasty empanadas too. We tried their ham and cheese, chicken and mushroom one.

Interesting was the library on the way to the bathroom with old national geographic books. Super cool. Neat bathrooms too.

Definitely a cool place to hang out Friday night with friends!