“The best beer tour in East Bay!”
Review of Whole Brew World

and up
Uptown Beer Walk
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Just spent 4-1/2 hours with Jean. We had an immediate connection and felt as if we traveled with an old friend. Met in Oakland and took a beer tour in her van to 3 local breweries. Novel Brewing in Oakland, Gilman brewing & Fieldwork in Berkeley. She was very accommodating and let us set the pace. Looking toward another tour on the many itineraries she has to offer.

JeanCal, Owner at Whole Brew World, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you so much Harold! I am so happy you enjoyed your tour. I am so grateful to have met both of you. You are such great people. Whenever you're ready to go again, just let me know. There's a lot of great beer in the East Bay!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

What a fun way to spend an afternoon; comfortable van, good friends, excellent brews and a delight and knowledgeable host/driver. Jean C. of Whole Brew World knows her breweries and, even more importantly, they know her. We were warmly welcomed at each stop, Jean set up the flights, provided side foods and answered any questions anyone had. We visited three entertaining breweries in Berkeley and Oakland and never felt rushed or disappointed. Great Time, Great Cost, Great Tour.

Management response:Responded 21 January 2017

Thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed your day with me visiting some great breweries!

Reviewed 17 November 2016

We were truly blown away by Whole Brew World as we celebrated my husband's birthday. From our first interaction with the owner, Jean, to the moment she dropped us off, her knowledge, professionalism, and great love for all things beer was a true delight.

The van was filled with fantastic snacks and water which was a great addition. Every brewery we visited was wonderful and the tour was welcomed by each establishment with little waiting time. And the beers themselves? AMAZING!

Who knew the Bay Area had so many fantastic breweries and a fabulous tour guide to help us navigate it all? We can't wait to book our next Whole Brew Tour! Thank you, WBW!

Management response:Responded 18 November 2016

Kristi, thank you so much. I loved spending the day with you! Let me know if you ever back in town!