All reviews morro rock mini fridge great view few blocks the ground floor shops and restaurants tv hbo dryer inns unit comfort sink
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We showed up at the hotel with our Travelocity confirmation email in hand, ready to check in. We went in and tried to check in, but they said we didn't have a reservation and they don't accept bookings through Travelocity. We booked six months out and got a fantastic rate. Rates for the weekend we were trying to stay were much higher than when we booked. We had to call Tavelocity and get reserved somewhere else by them. This is a common theme with reviews of this place.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank trigojon
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I've been coming to the Morro Bay Inn for years. It's a very relaxing place with wonderful huge rooms that look right out at the bay. The rooms are very comfortable and the grounds are beautiful. I highly recommend this place. It's right by the park and you can walk along the beach with all the trees and enjoy the natural environment. They are dog friendly and it's a great place to walk your dog.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We have never experienced a more unfriendly welcome when arriving at a hotel/motel. We booked the motel via Booking.com about a year in advance as we knew it was the Memorial Weekend Saturday that we wanted to stay in Morro Bay. We even received another confirmation email 2-3 days prior to our arrival. When we arrived at the hotel the lady at the front desk was not able to find the reservation. She asked us about 4 times what our name was and finally let us to write it down on a small piece of paper. Then she walked away without a word and the owner or general manager (assuming her husband) appeared. He again asked us multiple times for our name (which is not too complicated with 5 letters). I then started to spell it very slow and clearly pronounced and he asked me immediately to calm down. My wife added, that I already wrote it on a piece of paper in front of him and he starred at her as if he wanted to say "In my house women don´t have the right to speak".

We then decided, that whatever is going to happen, we will not stay here and decided to call Booking.com, while he murmured something about Booking.com extranet and missing reservation etc. When he got aware of us calling the agency, he unfriendly asked us, if he or we are going to call them. When we told him that we don´t care what he is doing, we will definitely call them, he asked us to leave the office for the call!

We stepped out and he didn´t do anything. I´m still wondering why he wasn´t asking us even to leave the property.

As other reviewers already stated, it looks like it is their business model to turn people down that got a decent rate for their room. Ours was not too low, but on a Memorial Day weekeknd it looks like they are able to get higher rates for their rooms.

We ended up having two hours of phone calls and in a hotel 30 miles away from Morro Bay with a price which was about twice as our original reservation. Luckily Booking.com refundet the additional cost!

On top of all, this was the last day of our vacation and we planned to have an anniversary dinner at the harbor watching the sun set over the Morro Rock. So we had to cancel our plans and in the end ended up in a chain diner in the middle of nowhere instead.

So thanks again to the owner for not only destroying our last vacation day evening but also our plans of having a nice anniversary sunset dinner!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carsten A
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We thought beach meant close to beach. It is 5 blocks away with a view of an abandoned lot. Property is not good. Paid $180 for one night. Massive mold on the shower mat, bed linens old and stained, foreign hair in the beds, very unclean, checked out early due to horrible conditions.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

They said my credit card was invalid yet the billing was on my credit card 2 hours later, room looked like it was a third world room, carpet is old and dirty, we scooped up the manager and did a tissue swipe test on the toilet seat, and he said that my wife was too picky. Really? She asked him if he would sit on that with no answer

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple