All reviews state park bird sanctuary hotel restaurant great happy hour heat wave sea birds nice fireplace close to town great view stayed nights gas fireplace ocean view mini fridge second floor king bed beautiful room short drive
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

We went for our 25 th anniversary and were lucky enough to get the cottage on the bay. Incredible, right on the water secluded from the rest of the hotel. Private deck and jacuzzi beautiful room. Staff were all great and Morro Bay is well Morro Bay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Dear Dave,

Such a nice review! We love hearing from our guests and glad you enjoyed the Cottage...a very special place...right on the water! We are looking forward to seeing you soon...plan for the Cottage now for your 26th!

Cheers,

Reviewed 31 January 2016

We were very happy with the Inn. I was worried about negative reviews, but found everything to be very nice. Our room was small, but clean. As mentioned, the sink/bath is awkward with little place for toiletries. The hotel matched the low price we found on Priceline's website. We didn't get a view room, but the view from the communal deck and the lobby are outstanding. We walked to town and there are many places to walk in nature since the hotel is in the State Park.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Dear Knansea,

Thank you for your nice review...and we love the views too! We hope you return soon and stay a bit longer next time. All the best.

Cheers,

Reviewed 28 January 2016

We took advantage of a Groupon deal for a two night getaway to the Inn at Morro Bay, and I'm glad we did. The hotel is beautifully situated inside the entrance to Morro Bay State Park, and right on the estuary. We chose a room just steps from the shore, and had a lovely view of the bay and Morro Rock. The room was well appointed and modern, and the bed was firm and comfortable. A coffee maker and refrigerator are provided, and the shower facility is very good. We found that the WiFi was not working when we arrived, but it was repaired by the time we returned from dinner that evening. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and responsive to our needs. We could have wished for an additional chair in the room, but that's about the only negative.

Room Tip: If you have accessibility problems, choose a room on the lower tier, by the water.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonaldYokum

Dear Donald,

It was nice to read your review and share it with our team. We strive to offer our guests a clean, comfortable and affordable experience. We are here to serve you and hope you return soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 26 January 2016

All this time living in California, and at the beàch, but I don't think I ever had such a fun and beautiful stay by the sea. The Inn at Morro Bay is absolutely fabulous. The room was spacious, lovely with all amenities, including a warm fireplace, and a patio opening onto the ocean view deck. Starting with Brandon at the front desk (who was extremely helpful over the phone, even before we got there), to the staff in the beautiful bar/restaurant and housekeeping, everyone was warm and helpful. I can hardly describe the amazing sunset, moon shine, view of Morro Rock, plus great food and music nearby. We were there in the off season, January, and it was still luscious, and we cannot wait to make our way back there. Oh, and bringing your dog is not a problem. So many friendly folks with dogs staying there too!

Stayed: January 2016

Dear Karen,

What a great review! Thank you so much for letting us know how we are doing...and I'll share with Brandon too!

It was our pleasure to have you stay and we are looking forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I spend a lot of time in Morro Bay and was looking forward to staying at this hotel. However, I was disappointed with my stay because in less than 24 hours I was given four different rooms. Our first room was fairly small and simple, but that was fine with us. However our neighbor blasted his TV all night and I wasn't able to sleep--I know the walls are paper thin but I could actually hear the advertisements and shows he was watching. In the morning I asked to change rooms and was told there was no one in the room I was talking about and I was even questioned about my room number as they didn't seem to have me listed in the room I was in. The front desk help was very sweet and did their best to accommodate us by giving me another room but when I went there, a do not disturb sign hung on the door. I went back to the lobby to check and they still said no one was in there. After waiting a while to figure it out, they actually determined someone had checked in late in the evening and was there. So onto the third room, which had a lovely view, was spacious and seemed clean. We unloaded our stuff only to get a call about 4 hours later saying we had to move rooms again because the heater didn't work. At this point I almost asked for a refund... We finally moved to another room--a single unit right on the water which was nice. However, at this point I hadn't slept much, we had spent much time waiting, switching rooms, etc. that I was just happy to not have to move again. Overall the location is beautiful and quiet, the staff at the front desk was nice but the whole thing seemed too disorganized for me to ever stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DixieW
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Dear Dixie,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. So sorry to hear about your multiple room moves. Sounds like we really made your stay difficult...not what we are known for! Please accept my apologies and know we have shared your review with staff.