All reviews main building continental breakfast morro rock pancake maker great view deluxe king bay view room barking sea lions wonderful weekend loved our stay covered parking room was spacious and clean blow dryer reasonable rates yogurt private balcony nice size
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Once again, the Blue Sail Inn exceeded my expectations! I initially reviewed the Blue Sail Inn back in November 2017 and at that time I said that, because I was so happy with my stay, I was going to encourage our wedding guests to stay there. I worked with Nikki, the wonderful manager, to arrange for a discount (which she gave us even though it was Labor Day weekend) and a special link for our guests. During the weekend, at least 60 of our guests stayed at the Inn, some in bay/ocean view rooms, and some in "standard" rooms that faced east. All of them raved about the friendliness and professionalism of the staff and the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. I think that the rates are right in line (or better) with other hotels in the area, but in my opinion the location and staff cannot be beat.

1  Thank HendixMom12
Reviewed 8 September 2018

The room they gave me had a view of a vacant lot full of trash. The picture shows a view of morro rock. The description of the room was a garden view. The hallway smelled musty. The breakfast was basic. The check in process was blah. The check out was honest, he said we don't have rooms with a garden view so just take that up with trip advisor. With so many nice friendly hotels in the area I would just skip this one for the future trips to one of my favorite places to go.

Room Tip: There are rooms with views of the water and rooms with views of a vacant lot.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018

It was just a walk down the steps to get to the waterfront area with restaurants and shops. The room looked recently refurbished and was large, clean and comfortable. Great view of the waterfront and the rock from our balcony. The room had a fridge and pedestal fan. It did not have a safe which would have been useful. The included breakfast was good, we liked the pancake machine. Free parking. We left our tablet in the room when we checked out and the hotel contacted us straight away and organised shipping to our next hotel.

Room Tip: Waterfront facing room to take advantage of the views
Reviewed 29 August 2018

The staff was great, the location was great, our rooms, bathrooms, and beds were great. Some parts of the property look recently upgraded and some less vital ones may be in the queue for a fresh coat of paint, etc.

The hotel breakfast had fresh fruit, and hard boiled eggs--along with other offerings--that made it stand out from some we've had.

We'd never been to Morro Bay before and had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Second floor of the building further away from the ocean had a great view over the main part of the hotel to the ocean.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Awesome!!! Great service, excellent location and friendly staff. Stayed there this weekend and the service was great. The concierge, Joseph, was the best. We booked our rooms with him via phone Thursday night and he provided professional and very kind service. It so happened, that he was there when we checked in and the great personable service continued. He didn’t know it was our anniversary weekend but his pleasantness and awesome service definitely made us feel welcome. I regret not being able to get the name of the lady who cleaned the room, but she greeted us check in day with a smile and every day after. I didn’t get her name but she was awesome and it’s not always that way when you travel but I’m grateful for such a warm and welcoming stay. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and will definitely be back. Thank you for such a wonderful weekend!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple