Reviews (3 980)
1 182
1 325
1 182
1 325
All reviews sports bar ping pong fireplace lounge fire pit conference center pebble beach big sur cannery row minute drive road trip fisherman's wharf knuckle california hwy aquarium coast valet
142 - 147 of 3 980 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This was a very pretty property and I was very excited upon our arrival. The lobby was very spacious with lots of gathering areas and overlooked the golf course. The rooms are in separate buildings so we had to drive to building two but it wasn't a long walk to the lobby. The room was very nice but they do have full size beds and not Queen. The rooms do not have central air, but instead they have stand alone portable air conditioning units that vent outside with a coiled tubing. It was the strangest thing I ever saw and not what I would expect for a Hyatt Regency. That night it was so loud we couldn't sleep and it wasn't that cool. I complained to the front desk and they were very apologetic and did reduce our rate a bit. I'm not sure if this is the case for all rooms or since we were only staying one night that's what they gave us! It certainly wasn't cheap even for a night!

The hotel has a beautiful outside area with a pool and games such as ping pong. We did love the big fire pit and we sat there at night with some wine and talked to the other guests. It is dog friendly as we made some new dog friends as well! There is a Starbucks in the lobby which we enjoyed as well. Overall I would recommend this hotel but make sure your room doesn't have a standing AC unit!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018

- Number one worse thing in this room was the portable AC which created average of around 74 db and 82 db peak noise at night.
- I tried to call the front desk to see if I can try to get a room without the portable AC but no one answers in 3 tries. The temperature on the night we stay would need the AC to cool down. However, it was too noisy like to sleep besides a idling truck...
- The Shower water was only slightly better than water dripping down. Not to mention there is no door to block the water to leak out to the floor.
- When trying to book the room and during check in, I clearly stated and asked whether there was two beds in the room since I was traveling with 2 kids and total 4 people. The agent told me yes, she would arrange a room by the pool side and the kids would like it. In fact, the room was on 2nd floor and facing parking lot. The two beds were only slightly bigger than a single bed...

All in all, this was the worse room we have ever stayed in the past few years. Even worse than the developing countries oversea. I chose Hyatt for the name and thought I can have a good family trip for my son as part of his good birthday trip and experiences... Surprisingly enough, Hyatt would dare to charge close to $500 with a room in this kind of condition...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Frank W
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The hotel was overall very good. A little tricky to actually get to it. Once there reception was good, room clean. No surprises. The one thing which is possibly a deal breaker is the freeway noise. We open the patio door and it was in your face - loud and unmistakable. Closed the door! After checking the place out it appears quiter on the golf course side so we give it another chance. Courtesy bottled water and coffee pot in room was nice to see. Overall a strong GOOD!

Room Tip: Pick the golf course side
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GTmoto4727
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We chose to stay here primarily because it was a conveniently located hotel for our trip, that had electric car charging, as we would need to leave early the next morning for a 300-mile journey. Despite confirming before making the booking, and again with the valet at check-in, and the front desk before we went to sleep, the car wasn't plugged in until just before we had to leave.

At check-out, the manager who handled the situation told me that the overnight employee(s) weren't familiar with how to charge the car, which was the reason it didn't get plugged in. Without prompting, she refunded our stay, which was far beyond what I would have thought to ask for as compensation for the problem.

The hotel itself is very nice, as expect for a Hyatt Regency, with nicely appointed, large, very clean rooms. Despite being in a

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice stay with a couple of great runs here as part of a business trip. Location is great for naval postgraduate school events.

The property is spread out over many buildings.
Rooms were well appointed with convenient power and USB charging ports. The attached restaurants provide limited choice on the weekend.
Internet is either included or $14.95 for upgrade. I chose complimentary. Slowed down at one point. Speed test indicated 10MBPS speed up and down. No issues.

Conference room facilities worked out well.

Stayed: June 2018