US$273
US$218
Agate Cove Inn(Mendocino)
US$420
US$382
Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$210
Sea Gull Inn Bed and Breakfast(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$179
US$454
JD House(Mendocino)
All reviewstv showin townmendocino hotelsliding glass doorroom was largebit datedvictorian stylemain buildingwe've stayedfort bragggas fireplaceroad tripmurderoceancoastflowersdog
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely property with outstanding gardens . Check in not as friendly or helpful as we are used to , not rude , just a bit surly .I get the decor and style and liked the room , could of done with a fridge seeming as no place to eat or drink on site . Yes the town is very close , we opted to dine in our room and filled the sink with ice as a makeshift fridge . This place could be outstanding with ease , but feel the focus is on their other property in town where we ate breakfast , the service their was excellent.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Quick summary of the experience- owners attitude appears to be, “Good enough for who it’s for”.

The decor of the rooms and furniture are not so much coordinated as just put there. The carpet, wallpaper, bedspread etc don’t coordinate or look good together at all. Our ocean view window whistled in the wind the whole time we were there. There is WiFi. Very slow WiFi. The flowers outside give this place a couple of points so it’s not a zero. The female who checked us in will probably do better at her next job. She obviously couldn’t be unhappier at this one.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The price seemed right, but the photos of the Inn didn't do it justice. Due to the efforts of a very dedicated lady, the gardens are the most amazing, one of the best I've been in. The room was large, clean, somewhat dated and had the worst lighting imaginable. The bed and pillows were comfortable and fresh. The registration woman was almost surly and left the premises before seven in the evening, leaving the lobby and main building locked so that we couldn't use the microwave to warm up some dinner since there was no microwave nor refrigerator in the room. A couple with small children came in a little later, and finding the lobby locked, had to go down to the Mendocino Hotel to get a key. It was explained to me later that management got rid of the evening shift so that there is no hotel staff on site in the evenings. Don't bother paying extra to get an ocean view since even from the second floor, there is very little. Our view of the garden was outstanding, a true delight. The location is excellent, very quiet, but convenient walking distance from the scenic village center. The TV worked well and the morning coffee (that's all there is) was good. The buildings do need some maintenance, but are still presentable. I was astounded at all the special taxes that were added onto our bill. There is a banquet room and bar, but those are open only for special events

Room Tip: Get a room on the garden or inland side.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We've stayed here before, and have liked it every time. Isolated enough to be quiet & peaceful, but still easy walking distance to town. Large room, great view, and gardens that are better than ever. The only disappointment was that the onsite dining has been closed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I got the Groupon for the deluxe ocean-view room. The room was not bad. The bed was terrible it was so hard to sleep on. When we got there and checked in they told us that they had to have our credit card for incidentals. The lady at the front desk just seem to irritated that she had to help us. Then one evening we have went down to the lobby to get some coffee and there was another lady that work there and they were talking bad about some wedding that was taking place there off this weekend. Got home today check my bank account and they had charged me $483. Not once did they tell me that they were going to have to charge my card and then give me back the refund. When I called I said that I had gotten the Groupon and you guys charged me $483 and the lady on the other line was like yeah we do that we have to run the card but will give you the money back. I let her know nobody told us that and she just said yeah well that's what we do. I'm sure glad I had the money in my account to cover it. I can't say that I would never stay here again or get a Groupon I'm very unhappy that they charged my card and did not let me know that that was going to happen. I would not recommend anybody buying the Groupon because they'll still charge you even after you paid for it and then they'll give you back the money in 72 hours and they don't tell you that. On top of that it's a holiday weekend so I'm going to have to wait more than 72 hours.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple