“Rich in history and the docent made it come alive in 4 chapters”

Kelley House Museum
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

He told the stories in a different way. Took us to nearby sites as well. Really felt we learned so much and appreciate the history and locale more. Well worth the time. It is a great deal at $10 a person.

Date of experience: June 2018
"donation"
"century"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I was sad to read about the other reviewer's note. My docent was incredible. She did not urge me to pay anything; I asked and she was very nonchalant about it (I gave the suggested $5). But, her knowledge was priceless and I so enjoyed talking to her about the town's history, as well as its current state of tourism. Made me enjoy the town's buildings and walkways even more and I am so glad I stopped in.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I was disappointed in this Mendocino attraction. The docent was aggressively urging us to pay $15 each when the sign had suggested a $5 donation. The displays were meagre, not particularly well presented though the old house was interesting. I understand that they need adequate contributions to maintain the aging house, but their insulting tactics were insulting. We only wanted to look around the house, not take a guided tour of the village.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We did the tour which started from the museum. The building itself is interesting to look around. The tour was great walking around the town for a coup,e of hours with a very knowledgeable and informative guide. A great way to find out more about the history of the town and many of the interesting buildings