“Hip, Cool, Trendy - California Dreaming!”

Mastro's Ocean Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed celebrating our 29th anniversary at Mastro’s. The food was delicious and the wine list is exceptional. Beautiful sunset with gorgeous ocean views.

It is a bit noisy, but it is lively and fun!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

This is a high end chain that from the variety of reviews is hot and miss. It hit for us earlier this week.

Martinis are killer. Not your thing the wine list is solid.

We started with a shrimp cocktail. Killer hot sauce with horseradish. Loved it.

Also a small Caesar salad - average at best.

Then we split the sashimi tuna, which is not really sashimi - its rolled in pepper and spices. Very good.

Complemented this with two sides of vegetables. Very good.

Views are sensational, service excellent, food above average.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

This review gets one star because the view is phenomenal!! The food, however, was very pricey, extremely overcooked and therefore DRY & TASTELESS!
Sitting at our table overlooking the Pacific ocean was stunning to say the least. Unfortunately, it went down hill quickly once the food was delivered. I am still reeling in from paying $650 for the dining experience. My husbands plate of steak was so hot it melted the cloth napkin it was sitting on. It took 3 waiters to pull the napkin off the plate and try to clean it up before setting it on our table. I can't believe they had the nerve to actually serve the dish. After such an episode, you can imagine the dryness of the beef. My halibut was so dry and overcooked it took a steak knife to cut into.
The $20 bacon appetizer was actually delicious after you got past all the fat. It's worthy of a picture, but not necessarily the price for a huge chunk of mostly fat.
I'm sorry to give such a high level establishment such a negative review but the meal was just that disappointing.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We ordered too much food not understanding each side serves about four...The mashed potatoes with an entire lobster in butter on top were $38, but rich and good...but not worth it, so I'd skip next time. Twice baked potatoes were VERY bacony and rich..the creamed corn was fine, but undistinguished, but the mushrooms were insanely fantastic.
Steaks were tender and good, but the server talked us into ordering them more done than we should have and they weren't juicy enough for us.
BUTTER CAKE...the living end...and again, it serves four...I'd go just for that.
Plus the various kinds of rolls were just amazing...cheese/garlic bread, pretzel rolls, etc. etc...all yummy.
It IS a special occasion type of spot and we'll return next year for the kid's anniversary...it was great, but with one glass of wine, one drink and four steaks and sides, it was $500.

1  Thank clairann2000
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Took some clients there for a celebratory dinner since we just closed a big deal. I usually don’t write negative reviews but in this case I have to. I give a one star rating for the view, phenomenal. All I can say is do not go here for the food. We had everything and spent well over $1500. We had the seafood tower( crab good, lobster dried out), Numerous steaks and cod, ahi Tuna, Sea Bass. If it wasn’t a client dinner we would have sent it all back. Seafood was dry and over cooked. Steaks were bland. It all tasted like it was last weeks food warmed up in a microwave off PCH somewhere. Sorry Mastros, I love your Beverly Hills location but outside of that.... too many other options out there.

1  Thank trojankey7