Reviews (1 280)
1 280 results
All reviews hollywood hills korea town floor to ceiling windows k town roy choi bare concrete korean food hollywood sign trendy hotel purple line wilshire blvd blackout shades lobby bar rooms are small cool vibe room facing higher floor
14 - 19 of 1 280 reviews
Reviewed 7 February 2019

This was our first stay at the Line. I have to say that the view was so comforting and a highlight of the hotel. We visited the top restaurant which had a lovely atmosphere. The front desk staff was very helpful, especially Susie Gomez. In addition, Nely de Leon of Housekeeping, was at her best. I could walk out the front door and catch bus (720) into Beverly Hills, enjoy the ride and be there in 25 minutes. The hotel is also close to downtown which I always enjoy. Thanks to all for making our stay a memorable one. We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
NickG_LINE_LA, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE LA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2019

Dear mir6934,

It is wonderful to hear you had a great time with us and our team was able to make a lasting impression on your first stay.

We strive to deliver an elevated level of guest service to each and everyone of our guests so we appreciate you taking notice of our teams hard work!

I will be sure to share you kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more future stays.

Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

The hotel was nice. The room interior is amazing and very modern having huge floor to ceiling windows. However, it has been quite noisy from the street and you could literally hear everything that was happening outside. We had mixed feelings about the restaurant, the restaurant interior is beatiful and we had an amazing (pricey) breakfast, however, not so amzing (very pricey) dinner. Overall a nice place to stay but would advise eating somewhere else.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NickG_LINE_LA, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE LA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Dear Divuka,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review from your recent stay. It means so much that you have taken note of all of our hard work and attention to detail. We appreciate your insight on Sean Knibb’s creative design of The Hotel, it is truly a privilege to have worked with such an innovator of our time.

However, I am very sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced with the outside noise. We completely understand that the noise tends to be too much for some. We do everything in our means to control the noise level and it sounds like we did not succeed on this occasion.

I am also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Openaire. We Love and consider Chef Josiah's restaurants to be fabulous, yet we understand they may not be for everyone.

Please feel free to contact a member of our Guest Experience Team the next time you book with us. We will personally look after your reservation to ensure you are placed into a quieter room type.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

I picked the Line LA due to its location but there is definitely a communication breakdown within the reservations and the front desk. Despite several phone calls and conversations with the staff they continued to screw up the reservation.
The room itself was ok, bed and pillows were hard. Some interesting touches in the room itself. Not necessarily uncomfortable but not cozy. Bad lighting both in the room and bathroom. Biggest issue is the noise outside. Funny they have earplugs as an extra amenity For purchase. you DEFINITELY need them if you are going to stay here save, yourself the money and bring your own.
Breakfast was very good in the restaurant restaurant on the 2nd floor.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Allegro13
NickG_LINE_LA, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE LA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Dear Allegro13,

Thank you for taking the time share your feedback from your recent stay.

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Openaire. Openaire features locally crafted dishes by native Angeleno and two-star Michelin Chef, Josiah Citrin, which gives a new outlook and taste on LA food!

I am very sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced with the outside noise. We completely understand that the noise tends to be too much for some. We do everything in our means to control the noise level and it sounds like we did not succeed on this occasion. Please note, we offer complimentary ear plugs at the front desk.

I am also disappointed to be informed of the poor level of service you experienced from reservations. It is a poor reflection on us as this is not how we wish to conduct our business. I will be passing this information on to our Director of Front Office to insure this is an issue that is addressed.

We see this as an important opportunity for growth and improvement and we always encourage any and all remarks.

Reviewed 1 February 2019

I really love that this hotel always strives to improve their service. I've stayed at this hotel four times in the past four months! The rooms are always kept clean and offer great amenities. Having Alfred Coffee downstairs is so convenient in the mornings as well.

They definitely strive to keep their customers coming back. If you ever have any issues, do not hesitate to reach out because they definitely want to make you feel confident in their brand. I initially had issues with booking at the hotel (their website was showing cheaper than the front desk) but after reaching out to guest services, Amanda was able to take care of the issue and has helped me with future bookings. She is very personable and a big reason that I continue to stay at the Line!

Would definitely recommend staying here. The vibe is just right.

Room tip: higher floors for the best views. low floors are exposed to other building windows.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
NickG_LINE_LA, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE LA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2019

Dear itsomarxv,

Such a pleasure to hear we have been able to maintain a positive impression on your stays and our very own Guest Experience Manager has been able to keep this connection with you.

We do pride ourselves on putting a high level of attention to guest service so I'ts fabulous to know you have taken note of our hard work and attention to detail.

Thank you for your loyalty and patronage.

We look forward to extending a warm welcome back on all your future stays.

Best Regards,
Guest Experience Coordinator
Ariel Sansaricq.

Reviewed 1 February 2019 via mobile

I’ve been staying at this hotel for the past 3 nights for business and each morning I’m woken up at 6am due to protesters with drums. They are directly outside the window and make it impossible to sleep. The hotel tried meeting with them, but it appears they were not successful. If you’re planning on staying here in the near future, maybe don’t, until this clears up!

Aside from that, the hotel is good. Very hip vibe, good restaurant and Alfred coffee shop in the lobby. Staff is friendly and stay was comfortable aside from protests!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank VirginiaT25
NickG_LINE_LA, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE LA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2019

Hi Virginia,

I am so happy to hear that we were both suitable and enjoyable for your travel needs. Our restaurant, Openaire and coffee shop, Alfred, are recent additions to the hotel so I am thrilled to hear that you loved both of them.

I do apologize to hear that the outside noise impacted your sleep.

I would love to have you back the next time you find yourself in LA. Please reach out directly to me to arrange it.

Kind Regards,