All reviews staples center full kitchen convention center downtown la yard house valet parking living area la live area free breakfast sofa bed front desk staff modern hotel heart of downtown overnight parking laundry room hollywood sign coffee maker
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Stayed for two nights to attend two Cubs-Dodgers games. Not far from Dodger Stadium. Hotel is much nicer and more upscale than the typical Residence Inn and is more like an actual Marriott. The free breakfast is as close to being a full buffet I have ever seen for a freebie and the room it is in is very large and luxurious. The guest room is large, clean, and has a full kitchen.The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the price which was over $600! I used my Marriott points instead. Obviously the location near the Convention Center attracts conventioneers who will pay the ridiculously high rate. So if guests are paying it I cant blame the hotel for charging such a rate but I personally will not pay that much for ANY hotel on principle.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi BigdawgChicago,

Thank you for your business and terrific review! You have many brands to choose from and I appreciate that you selected us. While our rates are based on demand, there are many dates where the rates are more palatable. Please reach out to me the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles. I'm happy to explore any additional rate opportunities.
My best for a safe and fabulous 4th!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Hotel is very neat and clean. Staff is very cooperative. They have 24 hours Gym, a Swimming Pool and coin laundry to facilitate guests. They have halls for meetings. One big lounge to server breakfast.
Recommended!

Stayed: June 2018
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi smart_boy1,

Thank you for your review and your business! When your travels bring you back to Los Angeles, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

very nice employees and very clean place to stay. the overlook is really something to see. it is a place to go to for the veiw and stay of a life time. i will stay here again for pleasure and not for business just because it is that great!!!

Room Tip: higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi markrs44mag,

Thank you for your review. I recognize that you have many brands to choose from and appreciate that you chose us. I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here to go to a concert at the Staples Center. You never know what you’ll get when you go to a Residence Inn but this far exceeded expectations. So modern and hip. Huge rooms. Very up-to-date. Easy walk to LA Live and the Staples Center. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Angie R,

Thank you so much for your review! Our Owner has a keen sense of style and will be thrilled you enjoyed the design of the rooms. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Although this hotel is a bit far from many local attractions, we found this hotel's service, decor, breakfast, room standard all quite good, acceptable quality in line with the pricing
We stayed here 3 nights and had no issues..
Surprised to see that some travellers had bad experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hi sam1804,

I appreciate your review and your time to share! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!