“Great coffee, great food in a relaxing atmosphere!!”

Holy Grounds Coffee & Tea
Ranked #139 of 353 Coffee & Tea in Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Come here often for coffee, which by the way is great! This place is a oasis in this El Sereno neighborhood. They are offering lunch now so Today I tried the quinoa Salad!! I added chicken to it and it was awesome!! Try it you will be glad you did!!

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Literally located in a business area with hardly any homes/apt. What caught my eye was the big calacas on top of the establishment. Decided to check them out. Apparently the cafe de la olla coffee and the horchata latte are popular items. I've been going on and off for 2 years. I LOVE the cafe de la olla. The first time, I purchased the horchata latte and it was really good! lt tasted exactly like rice and cinnamon. The business has a warm and inviting feeling. The ambiance classic Mexican hacienda! They are a local business that supports local artist and many of the stuff there are for sale. They have rummage sales almost every weekend.The owner is so nice and so is his doggie! You have to try the huge guava cheese roll. It is so delicious! If your looking for a twist on coffee that is not Starbucks and you're in the area. I definitely recommend coming here! Beware, parking sucks and don't park in the little market next to it or your car will get towed away. PS you won't see the horchata latte on the menu you have to ask for it!

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Strictly coffee and tea. They have some pastry snack but nothing elaborate. Coffee has good deep flavor. The court yard with fountain is very relaxing. It's good to kick back, study, or meet up with friends. They also have a small stage that have open mike nights for aspiring comedians, actors, and entertainers.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

I happened to find this coffee shop during our recent visit to LA. The experience exceeded our expectations. Steve (owner) greeted us as we entered with a huge smile a warm handshake and a heartfelt "welcome". He then offered us a sample of his signature coffee which was delicious. He gave us a tour of the incredible gardens/patio and spent a few moments just talking with us about "things". We enjoyed the tasty coffee (which was considerably less than the famous coffee place) in the delightful garden which also offered free Wi-Fi. We returned the next day to exactly the same experience. Steve and Michael made us feel like we were coming home to family. You HAVE to try this place if you are in the area. They also offer sandwiches, salads and pastries but did not try any of the food items.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Love this place. You get a real sense of being at an oasis away from busy and noisy L.A. and can just relax, have some good coffee and enjoy. Very friendly staff, reasonable prices and great drinks. I can easily come by here everyday.