“BEST UNI PASTA EVER - A must eat every time i'm in town!”

EMC Seafood and Raw Bar
Ranked #335 of 10 965 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Since I saw that they were available on ubereats, I ordered from them one night for dinner. I was too excited to eat as I was starving and could not be bothered to find my camera to take legit photos. Something that now actually, in hindsight I regret.

I ate at EMC last year when I went to Los Angeles, and I had an amazing time - highly recommend it to any seafood lovers, mainly because they do an INCREDIBLE uni pasta that will blow YOUR MIND (and other parts... ). Once again it did not disappoint, and I was left creaming my pants in ecstacy. A few of my colleagues had not tried sea urchins before and they all creamed their pants too upon tasting these sumptuous creamy gonads.

I also had a wonderful scallop carpaccio to start (though it got quite tossed around on the way over… hence no photo, but was so delicious).

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Ambiance and food make this restaurant a good choice for a night out with friends or a special date. Some interesting menu items prepared well, crispy smelt (portion size is good to share as a starter), uni congee served with sliced shallots and ginger, and garlic noodles seasoned well. We also ordered a dozen oysters to be shared. The waitress asked us which oysters we wanted in the dozen, we asked what the choices were and if we could get a combination. Yes we could.

Can you imagine the surprise we got when we received the bill and instead of being charged the dozen price, we were charged for each separate oyster? All because we chose a combination without being advised of the difference in cost if we did so this way? When we queried the same waitress, she confirmed that’s how it was and just walked away. I’m used to ‘whatever’ service in other countries around the world but this sort of attitude is so out of touch with even the crappiest restaurants in a country where service has, for the most part, been attentive and good. It left us with a bad taste in our mouth and we would probably not return again. A bad way to do business.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times. Can't get pass the appetizers. The clam chowder and seafood soup are amazing. Real clams and lots of seafood. And then there is the fantastic calamari. No rubbery texture and light batter. Some day we will try a main course. Maybe get the soup to go. If you like fresh seafood this is the place.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Unfriendly staff, they even can not call a taxi on the evening.The food was so-so, pasta was good but not aldente.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

good ambiance. try the soft shell crab and the shrimp tacos!! :)
Food is excellent. make sure you tell them not to bring everything all together if you want time between the services.
i will go back for sure.