“Sort of OK”
Review of Flores

Flores
Reserve with OpenTable
Flores is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 245 of 11 892 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice restaurant nestled amid all of the noodle shops on Sawtelle. We sat inside due to the chill, but two screaming children at the next table went at it non-stop for most of the meal. Not the restaurant’s fault, but it did put a damper on conversation.

The glasses of wine were rather pricey, starting at $13, so we opted for lemonade. The lemonade was fresh squeezed, as evidenced by a lemon seed in one of the glasses. It was delicious. We shared their Potato Dinner Rolls and a Spring Chopped Salad. Salad was OK, although I’m not a fan of kale. The rolls are a matter of taste – a bit dense for my taste, but tasty. For main courses we had Spicy Shrimp Linguine (very good); Fried Chicken and Biscuits (the chicken was moist and had a nice kick to it, whereas the biscuits were left uneaten due to their being undercooked); Braised Lamb Shank (very very good – nice and succulent). The portions were large, so nobody leaves the table hungry.

We also had Avocado Pie for dessert and it was a shared ehhh by the three of us. Tasted a bit like a boxed gelatin-type dessert.

The bathroom was kind of odd, all white mini subway tiles on all walls and the ceiling, and rock music piped in at rock concert decibel level. Definitely not the zen-like experience I was hoping for when I escaped the screaming children for a few moments.

I was kind of surprised that nobody said goodbye, thanks for coming, even though we left a very generous cash tip. I think it was the owner or manager and the bartender who were too engaged in conversation at the bar to acknowledge 3 people as we left.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped at Flores and sons to enjoy Dine LA. We were glad we did. The pre fixed menu was very nice with large portions and very good service. The neighborhood is a buzzing night spot with lots of people milling about. The patio is nice at night with excellent outdoor heaters.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We were visiting from out of town and met some old friends here for dinner. Nice location and friendly service. Good selection of food and drinks. Nice place for a get together with friends.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I know this place as, "Flores & Sons," in case there is a ease of convenience with that information. This restaurant has a pretty patio at night, and a nice variety of dishes for meat eaters, vegans, etc. We chose it for that reason, because our group of 8 had such varying dietary "requirements." It's typically categorized as Southern fare, but I'd label it as Comfort Food, if I had to pigeon-hole it into a specific category. The two times we've eaten here have been for dinner, but the brunch sounds amazing! They are dog-friendly, and even have a separate, dog-scaled "entrance" that scores points with any dog fan...although we haven't taken our dog here. The fried chicken and salads are super good, as are most dishes. It's not a terribly big place, which is both refreshing & at times inconvenient, and the parking can be a challenge during peak hours when there's no valet on duty (call to confirm), but We've enjoyed Flores & Sons both times we've eaten there.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I went back and forth about what rating I should give this restaurant...so the food was a definite 4 and the service was just ok - nothing to tell friends or family about...plus the restaurant is right around my neighborhood and if you want to eat something other than Japanese food (which I love in all forms!), Flores might be the place for you..They have a tasty and very reasonable happy-hour. I tried the fried chicken and french fries..the chicken was tasty, crispy, and tender on the inside and the fries were so good..I need to ask them for the recipe. {: