“Great tasting and genuine Greek cuisine”
Review of Le Petit Greek

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: W 1st Street
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here with family and can vouch that the food is genuine Greek food.

Food - I have visited Greece many times and it’s exactly how they serve it there. Portions are generous, however, I think it’s pretty tight to make people pay upwards of 10$ for dips and sauces. Halloumi was cooked to perfection.

Prices - The prices are mid-range to high and although not cheap they aren’t super expensive either. With the portions being generous I would say you don’t need to order too much!

Service - Friendly, polite and proactive to our needs. A shame none of the staff were Greek but hardly an issue.

Overall a great dining experience and a good place to sample Greek cuisine!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Saganaki !! Flaming Cheese !! Awesome, tasty and not in too many places. A bottle of good wine, a real Greek Salad (big enough for 3,) finish with an affogato!Cloudy day and you’ll be in Europe. Perfect for a family afternoon! Great Service and friendly people in the Larchmont Village! Thank You to our lovely server Kamelia.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is a really great, authentic place. Wonderfully managed ( a very nice woman was there at the time) and professional waiters, you are on one of the best people watching street in Los Angeles ( think of a less pretentious Rodeo drive). Our food was delicious- I had the kind of sampler plate- hummus ( very good) Moussaka ( I know I am killing the spelling of this but its the best I ever had! It was melt in your mouth delicious) and very good other food that I can't remember- except that I loved it all. Also , to my eyes, huge portions and beautiful laid out on rectangular plates ( my plate for whatever reason was more colorful than everyone else's,,) My husband had some fish he pronounced wonderful and we all liked the house wine. Its a happy place and I will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went for a late Sunday lunch and decided to try this restaurant out as I'm Greek . My wife is gluten free and my daughter is vegan so it appeared that there was suitable items on the menu that would meet our requirements . The waiter seemed friendly enough and suggested my wife should try out the special of the day which was lamb shank with vegetables . He told us that everything was prepared freshly so they could cater for her allergy. It turned out that the " Today's special ".had probably been prepared days before and kept in a fridge or freezer as it was steaming hot from the outside and stone cold from the inside when it was served.
We told the waiter who took it away
Instead of bringing out a new one or suggesting something else on the menu they bought back the same one, just turned over , they probably stuck in a microwave for a further 10 mins.
The manager who was seemed quite arrogant and pompous and did not have the decency to apologize or ask us if we enjoyed the our meal
All he did was bring my credit card back and said Thankyou in Greek as he probably realised from my name on my bank card that I was Greek .
he could have had a bit more of a dialogue given the restaurant wasn't, busy. I guess his arrogance wouldn't allow him to engage or smile .
I also found the rest of the food mediocre and overpriced
To make things even worse as soon as we got home my wife has been throwing up and has been ill with food poisoning.
I wonder who many days ago the lamb shank had been cooked ?
Overall I found this restaurant very disappointing
Certainly won't be going there again !!!

1  Thank dimitri119
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I am in Los Angeles, in Larchmont Village, between Wilshire & Beverly Boulevard. My very best Mediterranean "Greece" and "LA", has been Taverna Tony's on Cross Cty. Road in Malibu, Center, CA.v An active oasis of exceptional Hellen and Mediterranean food is "The Petite Greek on Larchmont Blvd. My manerger on day 1, Mario, businessman and actor capsulise every every previous dining experience into an amazing experience. Mykonos or Zakynthos, Santorini, Rhodes, Salonika......all into food and service meant for an Olympian Champion. A must visit. Creatively contemporary and traditionally bringing the best ingredients into a beautifully presented, prepared, served and delicious food. Best of ratings food & what to expect when you are away from your on home.

1  Thank Peter D