“Excellent value for the price, helpful landlord...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room- Sitting area Entry Way
King Size Bed
Bedroom TV
Shower
Sink
Private Back Deck - Where Smoking in permitted.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
Saaga
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent value for the price, helpful landlord, perfect location”
Reviewed 9 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

I travelled alone, stayed for 5 nights in November.

As I do not like hotel rooms, I always try to find an apartment when travelling. This one was perhaps the best ever, and excellent value for the price.

"Best ever" because of the personal service before and during my stay. Among others.

I did not test the tub, but everything useful for me worked perfectly:

- the TVs (two of them, with sports channels and everything - and landlord Ray even helped me to find the channel with the match I wanted to see!!),
- the kitchen (with complementary coffee!),
- the Wi-Fi,
- the bed (bed linen 100 % Egyptian cotton!!!),
- the safe,
- the phone,
- the washing machine and the dryer (you do not have to bring your own washing detergent with you).

Ray even let me borrow his nephew's (if I remember right, it was his newphew's) hippie cruiser bike, (without which I wouldn't have made it to my destination on time one busy morning...)!!

And yes: it's just a five minute walk to the beach :)

The wooden floor and the furniture, the decoration etc. is made to please anyone who likes the Northern European style.

P.S. I did not notice until now: the apartment seems to be closest to Marina del Rey and Venice, not Santa Monica, according to Google maps. It did not bother me, though, as I chose this one because of the recommendations and the location - by looking at the map.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, service
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jim D
seattle
“What a great place”
Reviewed 2 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Ray the owner has made this a top quality unit with all the fine furniture and finishes.
No detail is left out, from the comfy bed to soft towels fully appointed kitchen. This place has the quality of a five star hotel. Great location, walk to the beach and restaurants.
The only problem and I am sure Ray will address it is. The next door neighbor must be afraid of the dark..... They left their bathroom light on all night and since the buildings are very close and our bedroom window is only three feet from their bathroom window, we had a bright light shining in our bedroom all night.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location Location Location
Liked least: the neigbors bathroom light left on all night
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
UK
Reviewed 10 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
10 Sep 2012
Thank you for letting me know about the floors and oven.
I will make sure that these 2 items are not over looked in the future.
Ray j.

Chile
Reviewed 8 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing