All reviews abbot kinney venice beach pacific suite santa monica aesop products fresh coffee and croissants great boutique shared bathroom east coast queen room last minute booking small hotel perfect location place to stay rooms are beautiful muscle beach favorite hotel
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The Rose Hotel feels more like a hostel, not a hotel. The lobby area is very nice and the coffee great, but that's about it. I have stayed at several places around Venice and Santa Monica and this place feels like a total rip-of compaired to other simlar ones in the same price category (350 USD). Also we did not get the room be had booked. Avoid if you can!

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Mickolina
Doog B, Owner at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear M,

Thanks very much for your review. I was greatly saddened to see that your experience at the Rose was so far below your expectations, that it compelled you to write "avoid if you can." I noticed that the reason that you didn't have the room you had booked was because we thought you wouldn't have minded being upgraded to a room that was twice the size of the one you had reserved.

As you can see from the other reviews on the hotel, most guests didn't share your experience, but I just wanted you to know that we've been waiting now for over a year and a half for permits to do extensive cosmetic renovations, and hopefully we will be able to address some of your concerns. However, we take your criticism very seriously, and it will help us grow, as we are strongly committed to our guests to having the very experience possible.

It was also brought to my attention that you checked in late in the evening, and were only on the premises for about 12 hours, so i would love for you to try us out again and spend a little more time with us. please ask for me directly and i'd be delighted to take care of you personally.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

The Rose Hotel is without doubt one of the most pleasurable and interesting "hotel" experiences you can have in an increasingly corporate world. A real home away from home, it is tucked away next to the beach in Venice and feels like a secret hideaway, providing the perfect respite from the outside world. Everyone working at the hotel goes out of their way to create a wonderful experience including delicious fresh croissants and coffee in the morning, and the informal but attentive service is reminiscent of staying with wonderful hosts rather than being a guest of a hotel. The decor is simple and stylish, the beds comfortable and every design detail is perfectly executed, without being contrived. There are so few places left that feel truly unique and authentic in their hospitality and Doog and the team at the Rose have created just that. I honestly can't think of a better place to stay in LA. You will not regret booking this extraordinary piece of old Venice. We will be back!

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank KimmieL10
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Massive Thanks to Doog, Eric, Emily and Florie, for the hospitality, help and efforts in making our wedding on New Year Eve a success. All staff were amazing in helping getting the event just right.
Amber and I wont forget the events forever in our lives.
The Rose Hotel payed host to my family and wifes, across their Pacific and Abbot Kinney Suites plus some other of the Queen rooms.
The upstairs and suite terrace was perfect for our small wedding.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for spending your special day with us. I hope you enjoyed your stay at the rose as much as we did hosting you. We look forward to seeing you and your lovely bride again soon at the Rose.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I discovered The Rose Hotel through Remodelista and I'm SO GLAD that I did! The Rose is an oasis of calm and comfort with a modern, minimal, beachy aesthetic that is a perfect fit for my design sensibilities.

Everything about this place -- from the morning croissant service and in-room massages to the edgy, oversized photography and painted wood floors -- makes me happy.

Location-wise, you can't get any better. Venice is my go-to escape from the gray and rainy Seattle weather, and The Rose is nestled perfectly between the beach and Abbott Kinney -- within a five-minute walk from your door you can shop, eat, people-watch, and get sand between your toes.

The Rose is my favorite hotel, and I can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed: January 2017

Hi J,

We absolutely loved having you at the Rose, and can't wait to have you back.....so anytime you feel the rain is too much for you, please don't hesitate to jump on a plane back to some warm California sunshine.

Doog

p.s i still wear your pin with pride!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

The Rose is my favorite hotel in Los Angeles, and probably the whole world. Its delights are basic but crucial. The historic building is beautifully designed, the rooms are furnished simply but beautifully, and the staff is incredibly helpful but not in your face. The vibe is always calm, cool, and peaceful. In the morning there's French Press coffee waiting for you in the lobby, along with the world's best croissants (I'm not kidding) and a wide selection of newspapers and magazines. This place is a gem. I suppose you could call it no-frills, but in a good sense—they've stripped away all the b.s. of usual hotels, and what's left are the basics of a wonderful, lovely refuge from the city outside. Definitely check out their website—its simplicity and aesthetic sensibility gives a great sense of what it's like to stay here. If that seems up your alley, then you're going to love this place.

Speaking of the city, that's the other selling point—it's located in Venice, perhaps my favorite place on Earth. It's located steps from the beach, around the block from the Main Street commercial corridor in Venice/Santa Monica, and a short walk to the incredible Abbott Kinney Blvd. shopping district. Unless you need to head elsewhere in LA, I'd recommend taking an Uber from LAX straight to the Rose, and then spending the rest of your trip on foot. This is the most walkable area of LA, and the Rose is an excellent anchor for your wandering.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple