Reviews (1 006)
1 006 results
All reviews early flight between flights modern hotel the club lounge shuttle service next morning free shuttle self parking fitness center stayed one night front desk staff convenient location lax runway privileges uber proximity
43 - 48 of 1 006 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is conveniently right next door to the airport which is a blessing in disguise. It has regular buses servicing the terminals as the buses also pickup for a short and long term car parking facility next to the hotel. I got the hotel very early as I came in on an international flight that get in around 6.30am. So by time I get to hotel it's roughly around 8am. I ent to check in and didn't expect to get a room so early but they had one available and i was extremely grateful to get it and no extra fee like the Hilton charges. I had a road view and requested if I may get airport view which without a blink of an eye changed happily for me. The check in was fast, smooth. Seamless. I got to the room. The rooms are modern decor especially the lights and the rooms was a little smaller than the average room I am used to. The view was excellent, bed fantastic big shower and roomy bathroom. But the decor wasn't exactly my type and will suit others and but also will miss others it was just a little to much. An example is having 3 lights come from ceiling terminating next to the bed over the bedside table. They have big fittings over lamp and chrome rods make it easy to hit them accidentally. I think if going retro or very modern is ok but don't go to far in one direction alienating more conservative types. Other that that the hotel looked fantastic bright corridors, nice carpet, 24hr cafe and great stocked up shop. Prices in shop were a little high compared to shop s and services close by. In terms of eating the cafe had limited choices and as such didn't give people a wider range of choice but there are subways. Pizza, sandwich and other shops in close walking distance or deliver services that can cater for almost anything. The staff were very friendly and helpful and maid services were very helpful and attentive to room and great to talk to if in the room when they come making sure you have plenty of everything you may need. The lobby is spacious again a retro modern feel but not overboard well balanced so it wasn't in your face. It's an older building but you wouldn't know it with the work they have done on it and since it's been over a year since I last stayed it still had a newish feel to it.
The buses back to airport were always available and it's a quick trip. Price I got for the room was extremely competitive at the time which was nice as it tends to one of the more expensive properties in the LAX area.
If price is comparative I certainly would use again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Libby Z, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to offer a favorable review of your experience at Hyatt!

We appreciate the observations shared and will be sure to share the compliments and suggestions with our associate departments. Our hotel design was intended to capture the mid century modern date of its build while maintaining many creature comforts of today such as our high band width WIFI.

Our shuttle services is 24 hours daily and is intended to give travelers back time so they can enjoy travel as it is intended. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again the months ahead!

Reviewed 14 February 2019

We just stayed one night due to an early morning flight. The shuttle was convenient to the hotel. The staff were professional and helpful. The bar service was good with a nice selection of wines and appetizers. The rooms were trendy and very quiet. The workout room had great views and lots of equipment. The breakfast buffet was expensive so we ordered a la carte off the menu and were very satisfied with our food. Would definitely stay again if I needed to.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Libby Z, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2019

Thank you for awarding a 5 STAR review for the Hyatt at LAX!

We are delighted that you found the surroundings and services appealing and our shuttle service efficient.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your return in the months ahead!

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

I’ve been waiting a while to write about this place, working out how to write this without becoming absolutely infuriated. This place is an absolute joke, actually, I lie, it’s worse than that.
Travelled from New York to Los Angeles, arriving at approximately 11:30pm, after trying hard to find their hotel shuttle which is a story for another day. Arrived, walked up to the counter, gave them my name and typical details, only to be told that our booking had been cancelled hours earlier. Shocked and absolutely furious, I ask how was I not informed. They claimed that as I had booked it through Hotels.com, they had no access to my private information including my phone number. Where the lying begins is when they tell me that my booking was cancelled due to my card being invalid. Now, you’ve got my credit card details from Hotels.com, but not phone number or email address? Also, I booked a ‘book now pay later’ room, so why were you trying to charge my card? Apparently just to run a check to ‘see you I had the money to actually pay for the room’, their words, not mine. Right, that makes no sense. Anyway, at this point, I’m even angrier, and one staff member I heard saying that she needs to get a manager because the situation is becoming too heated and was extremely rude. Sorry, but I just want to go to sleep in the room that I booked with my card which had just been used for five weeks straight in America with plenty of funds. As we await this ‘manager‘, the guy proceeds to tell me that there’s potentially no rooms as they’re super busy. Not my problem.
Eventually, this poor excuse of a manager, Gerald, comes out and is so disgustingly rude that he won’t even look at me when speaking. And acts like he’s doing us a favour by trying to find another room. I’m paying, so there IS NO FAVOUR here. Anyhow, no apology or anything, rude and abrupt. Honestly, he should be ashamed of how he spoke to us. Was disgusting and considered walking out. I didn’t even want to stay, but as it was past midnight at this point, I stayed put. Moving on from there, how nice, they found us a room. Wow. Amazing! Once in the room, I called hotels.com, spent about an hour on the phone with them, they called the hotel and then back to me and it went on for a while. The hotel was not interested in any kind of compensation for the mix up which was ridiculous, instead, hotels.com provided me with a voucher because of the trouble we were going through. I also asked the consultant at hotels.com if the hotel received details like a phone number or email through them, and stated that they had access to all of those details and could have contacted me if there was a cancellation. Also, the booking remained valid through the hotels.com app and website, as the Hyatt never actually informed them of a cancellation. Again, lie after lie from staff and management at the Hyatt.
Then if things couldn’t get worse, they charged the credit card TWICE. Gerald didn’t want to deal with it, instead relying on other staff to try and help. Took almost a month to get the money back. The room was alright, cleaning wasn’t done despite giving them lots of time, bit messy and dirty, don’t bother buying anything from the cafe, overpriced. Would NEVER come back, and will always tell my friends and family to stay the hell away from this failure of an establishment. Pathetic!
Train your staff on what PROPER customer service is, and then you may actually appeal to some people. Atrocious and again, never coming back. Thanks for such a bad stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mishbaz,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Hyatt at LAX. We appreciate your candor and regret the reception received at any time but especially at the end of a long day.

We would intend to explore the internal communications you describe. If you can kindly email me direct at libby.zarrahy@hyatt.com and provide your confirmation number this would be most helpful. I will complete a discovery process so this does reoccur.

Although I understand the disappointment with this experience, I invite you to contact me directly with the email noted during your next visit so I might lend assistance with your pre-arrival arrangements.

Once again, we appreciate your candor and will endeavor to ensure genuine care for each guest.

Reviewed 13 February 2019

We stayed over night in the Hyatt,we booked 2 queen bed room which was very nice and modern with good WiFi and AC.
We booked the club which gave you access to free breakfast snacks and drinks lunch time and small buffet food in the evening well worth booking,the guy in the club name was Cairo was very helpful,and there is a free shuttle to and from the airport.
This hotel is very good location to the airport.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the new Hyatt Regency at LAX!

We are delighted that you found the guest rooms comfortable and the WIFI strong - that always makes a big difference in travel and staying connected with home or business.

We will be sure to share your compliment about Cairo with him and our team - it truly makes our day!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the months ahead!

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

The rooms are well appointed and spotless. Concierge service was very helpful. The shuttles run constantly. The restaurant was reasonably priced for an airport hotel. The business area had several iMacs available.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to award a 5 STAR star review for our Hyatt at LAX!

We are delighted that you discovered the surroundings and service to be above expectation.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in future months.