US$485
  • Restaurant
US$543
US$469
  • Pool
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
US$407
US$392
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$562
US$443
US$153
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$155
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$426
US$388
  • Restaurant
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$415
US$355
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewshardwood floorsapartment buildingdouble park and leavehotel has free parkingwilshire blvdclose to downtownking bedice machineboutique hotelstayed nightswould definitely stay here againkoreatownneighborhoodgaragektownhollywoodchannels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This building used to be a Days Inn before according to the inspection report.
I was expecting a hotel but got a motel.

Pros:
The staff is pretty friendly.
Location is great.
They have parking (for $25)
The room was a decent size.
Good size TV.
Good internet.

Cons: (in order as I noticed them)
They have parking but the spaces are small. They interrupted my sleep to ask me to move my car when it was already within the lines.
It feels like a motel - dark, dim, quick refurb.
The floors are hardwood but they desperately need refinishing.
There was a cockroach in my 3rd floor room.
The walls are pretty thin (neighbor probably heard me react to the cockroach)
The room smelled musty and it was only relieved after turning on the unit AC.
There was hair in my towel - wondering if because it didn't looked used, housekeeping just left it.

I guess for the price around here, it's what you get?
I had this booked for me by an assistant based on reviews so I thought I'd write my honest view. Overall, I would be okay staying here again if I were here only to literally lay my head down for the night.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
shelterla, General Manager at Shelter Hotels Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. and acknowledge the staff, location, parking, the size of the room,TV, and the internet. As you mentioned our parking lot is small and any car parked in two spots can cause a challenge depending on how busy the hotel is, I do apologize if this caused you any inconvenience.I was surprised to read that there was a cockroach in your room and your reaction must have disturbed your neighbor. I will talk to my housekeeping staff in regards to the musty smell and finding hair in your towel, cleanliness is our number one priority and we make sure that all the rooms are spotless when the guest check in. Once again thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I have always seen this hotel on Hotel tonight & finally got to stay here! I travel a lot for work and stay at hotels at least twice a month... Shelter hotel was one of my favorites!

| L O C A T I O N |
Right in the middle of Los Angeles- near Koreatown (good food) and about 15 minutes from The Grove, Hollywood, DTLA

| P A R K I N G |
Typically use to valet parking at hotels however this only offered self parking located in a gated safe garage with 24/7 surveillance and gate is closed after 9pm. I DO like self parking much better! I’m able to leave in/out whenever i want, not having to wait on the valet to bring my car. The parking garage does have limited spots however you just double park and leave your keys at the front desk and they will re park your car once a spot is available

| C H E C K I N |
Lobby was very modern, loved the decoration with a cute outdoor patio. Checking in was very easy

| R O O M |
Room was big and spacious with a king size bed and sofa at the corner of room. A lot of closet space with a good size cable TV. Was looking for the ice machine and it is located only the lobby floor

| B A T H R O O M |
If you read my reviews I am a bathroom snob!! This hotel did have a tub shower with shower curtains. Shower curtains didn’t fly away or touch me so I was away about that. Towels was a very good material and size of bathroom was decent.

| B R E A K F A S T |
HIGHLIGHT of my trip!!! There is complimentary cupcakes in the morning and it was Soooo good!!! Heard the father of one of the employees makes them every morning. So sweet of him of him, they were delicious. Oh, and they serve coffee too!

| H A P P Y H O U R |
The lobby serves complimentary wine after 5 I think , such a cute hotel and sweet gesture!

| C H E C K O U T |
Very easy. No hidden fees. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lacquerella
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I did not expect this hotel to impress me but I needed to stay in Koreatown & this was highly recommended. Ok, so right now, I’m literally in my room writing this review. I want to write a fair and helpful review of this hotel that I myself paid for.
Day of arrival: dec 26, 2017.
First impression: there was no grand lobby entrance to this hotel. It looks like it was once an apartment building & they revamped it into a boutique hotel. You could tell that the work they’ve done was good. “Decent”, as my cousin kept saying in agreement that we liked what the hotel could offer me for the next three nights. I’m on night 2 & still very pleased. Why?

When you pass through the door to the hotel, you’ll see the parking entrance beside it. They have this pink + modern dark furniture that go well with it. You take the elevator to the lobby where you’ll meet hand checked in by a very well groomed gentleman named “Jay”. You won’t see a huge front desk that separates you from the staff but instead you actually sit down on a proper guest chair and he’ll check you in while using his personal desk. I’ll post a pic of the “front desk” later. Very refreshing. There were snacks and fruit infused iced water for the guests. I think coffee too. The furniture in their lobby are really well picked. It’s got that mod-chic- solid colours kinda theme to it.

The room is huge. Paid extra $10/ night for a room with two high double beds but I didn’t care. The stay at night was already cheap. Bathroom is clean. Tv is huge and they have officially beaten the other hotels, when size of this tv ( of a regular room) is of smaller screen. Newer too. And the channels? So many freaking choices. My cousin and I were stunned.

I’m the type of traveller who doesn’t need a view. Doesn’t need to be in the Center of the action but demand a clean and efficient hotel room. The view of my room faces the apartment building beside the hotel. If you’re like me who’s always got the windows closed, then this is your hotel. If not, make sure to ask the front desk to give you a room that faces Mariposa street.

They have parking for $25/night. Consider it. Koreatown is known for scarce free parking space.

Will I return to this hotel?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank gatesofmechanism
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I've stayed in many hotels around the world and for the price this has to be the best value.The room was very clean. It looked like we were the first ones to use it.
The bed was large and comfortable. All the employees we encountered were very polite.
This is a small hotel, but that can be a good thing in my opinion. If you plan on visiting LA this is a great place to stay. Compared to other hotel prices in LA , Shelter Hotel is a great bargain.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
shelterla, General Manager at Shelter Hotels Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Hi Cornelius,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, please visit us next time you come to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Hotel was clean and has comfortable bed. Room is big and cozy. Room has coffee maker, fridge, blow dryer and tub. Other guests, are too noisy at night. Hotel has a swimming pool. No breakfast included. They offer snacks such as muffins, donuts, coffee at the lobby. Some guy at the front desk doesn't mind his own business, asked a lot of personal questions. Oh well! Everyone is helpful. Elevator is not working at that time i was there so a bit of a hassle. The hotel is 2 blocks away from the Philippine consulate (Equitable Bldg Wilshire Blvd). The neighborhood is safe. Hotel has free parking for guests.

Room Tip: Near Philippine Consulate, Near Downtown LA, Good neighborhood, no smoking, comfortable bed, no breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Hi TheRawlins,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us,we just finished the modernization of our elevator and it works great. You are right we are close to so many consulates and we are located in a very safe area. Next in Los Angeles please visit us