Reviews (1 925)
1 925 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbliss spaw insiderbliss productschris nelsonmarvelous suitepantages theaterpool partyliving roomlobby barfun hotelmetro stophotel is beautifulvalet parkingchinese theatrevalet servicebeverly hills
32 - 37 of 1 925 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This former leading lady on the Hollywood hospitality scene has turned into an aging star with an identity crisis. All the elements for a great hotel are here - fantastic location, great brand geared toward the jet-set, friendly check-in staff, stylish decor/design yet the whole performance comes out flat. Rooms are beginning to show their age and certain fixtures are in need of replacement or deep cleaning (window shades). Some design elements appear “sleek” but are not functional (heavy mirrored closet doors with a closet light that kept on turning on and off all night). Bathrooms are small without a wow factor. Room views are not important as the rooftop pool has amazing views but why does it close at 7 pm during summer months? The roof scene was a mixture of cool kids lounging around and folks that generally one would not expect to find at such a hotel (white tube socks and sandals crowd). In the lobby one runs into families staying here with young children which seem out of place for this type of a hotel. Had breakfast at Delphine - service and food felt rushed. This may be one W Hotel that makes you say Whatever during your stay and not in the way the brand intended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Nicole A, Executive Office at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi elkcap24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at W Hollywood. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you an unforgettable lifestyle experience and from your feedback, I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations.

WET hours are subject to change throughout summer, based on weather, capacity, and/or special events. We apologize if there was any miscommunication. Although we do not promote ourselves as a family hotel, we welcome everyone to revel in the glitz and glamour of W Hollywood. I realize how distracting children can be to a relaxing vacation experience. We do our best to accommodate all of the different types of travelers that stay with us, including families.

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location and your interactions with our talent were friendly. Your feedback is truly valuable, as the insight we receive from our guests is extremely helpful in cementing W Hollywood as a first class destination on the map.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This was my first time staying at a W hotel so I didn't know what to expect. To say the least I was not impressed. The room was okay but for the price not worth it in my opinion. A lot of hotels charge for valet parking but to have no option to self park at a lower rate seems like a rip off. To get your car pulled up by valet u send a text and they bring your car around. Seems easy enough except one night I sent the text, got a response text, yet no car was pulled up! After waiting for about 20 minutes I go to the valet window and the attendant looks at his computer screen as I'm complaining and says "my bad". The car is brought up 3 minutes later. This wait has me and my party late for a birthday dinner but luckily our reservation is upheld. I complain to the front desk the next day and I am told that a 3rd party runs valet. I talk to the manager over valet who tells me I am at fault because after 5 minutes I should have went to the valet window not have waited 20 minutes. Well that did not sit well with me being as how I had used the valet and text service the day before multiple times and also the day of with no problem but now that I had an issue it was my fault. After some back and forth I was comped for that previous day of valet parking but the fact I was blamed was very irritating to say the least. When I received a copy of my final bill for my weekend stay I had an extra charge for snacks in the room. Only rich people consume the snacks/drinks in a hotel room and since that is not me I did not partake in any of that. A quick call to the hotel cleared that up and the charge was taken off. A couple good things about my stay the main lobby turns into a club area so if you are into that type of scene that can be fun. There is also a Starbucks on the corner if you have to have your fix to get your day started. Being from Northern California I frequent the Southern California area often so I have had better stays in the area. I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicole A, Executive Administrator at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi Wh0YaW1t,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at W Hollywood. I am glad to see that our team was able to assist with each of the grievances mentioned and that you were compensated for the valet miscommunication and reimbursed for the munchies charge. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

If you should decide to stay with us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly so that I may personally see to it that the red carpet is rolled out for your arrival. We would love the opportunity to restore your confidence and welcome you back to W Hollywood.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Probably one of the most happening Hotel. The entire lobby turns into a club/party place from Friday till Sunday. The rooms are quite nice and cool looking. Not much about restaurants but hey! You are in Hollywood, just walk out!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Masked-Caper,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at W Hollywood. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you an unforgettable lifestyle experience, and from your feedback, I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to W Hollywood again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here because it was close to the Hollywood Bowl. Very convenient with lots of great restaurants and tourist sites nearby. Breakfast was delicious. Cocktails were great. It has a fun funky vibe that is very LA!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hi tabi_travels,

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my family( husband and 13 year old daughter) for 2 night in early June . The hotel itself is very nice and well furnished however it's not family friendly. There were several incidents that just left a bad impression and made you feel unsafe. The first was when I asked the concierge to assist with confirming our airport transfers and she asked if I could speak English...insinuating why I couldn't do it myself. I always thought concierge role was to assist and make your stay more pleasant and easier, she certainly didn't do that. When I mentioned as such she stated she was just filling in for someone. The second incident was when we were catching a lift to our room and a group ( about 4 ) young males entered the lift and pretended to have misplaced their hotel card and asked us to swipe them to the pool level. As the lift had arrived to our floor we exited without doing so; to which they responded by swearing. All and all not a hotel for families.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SEA7371
Nicole A, Executive Administrator at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi SEA7371,

We will be sure to address our talent about the issue you presented as there was an error in the level of service we expect from our team and it is important to us that an experience such as this is not repeated.

I also apologize that you had a negative experience with other individuals while at the hotel. We absolutely do not condone such language at W Hollywood. In the future, please feel free to let us know about such interactions so we may promptly see to it that the situation is amended.

Thank you for your valued feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to restore your confidence in W Hollywood and welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to Los Angeles.