“Fantastic Fennel and Crispy Pizza”
Review of Gjelina

Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Venice
Cross street: Milwood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hot spot on Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach and there’s always a crowd!
Really cute patio!
The grilled fennel with oranges is just fabulous and refreshing.
Share the pizza because it’s crispy and the outer crust is chewy.
Come at off hours if you don’t have a rsvp.

Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 030)

9 - 13 of 1 030 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here with the friends I was travelling with and a LA local. Ordered food that we could share and a bottle of California Chardonnay. Lovely atmosphere but you may have to wait for a table if you don’t time it well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everyone talks about Gjenlina so I thought I needed to try before I fly back home. I didn’t make any reservation but heard ppl book way in advance. Luckily I was solo, went there like 540 fri night and managed to get a seat at the counter.

Fennel salad is nice and refreshing. The portion is quite big. Next and the best is the duck confit, probably the best I ever had. Crispy outside yet very juicy and tender inside. Also comes w lots of veggie underneath. Next time I would not bother ordering an extra salad and try out more dishes. Their pizza looks delicious but would be too big for 1 person.

Their female staff at the reception and counter are super nice. And the overall vibe is wonderful.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was visiting LA for the week and I was told to try this place. I was also warned that it was a bit pretentious and that you cannot ask to sub or change anything on the menu. I think I’m glad I knew that going in and perhaps made my experience even better. As a customer, I actually can appreciate that the chef wants you to try things the way he wants you to experience his/her food. And, the food was delicious!
My friend and I split the nectarine burrata, the kale salad, and a pizza (that I can’t remember the name of) with tomato, cheese and arugula with a sprinkle of some finely grated dusting of fish (wasn’t fishy). I will be dreaming about that buratta. The combination of the ingredients was amazing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Gjelina has the best pizza amongst all the ones I have tried in Rome, Florence, Tuscany, New York, Agentina.
Quite simply the best.
Server is super knowledable and friendly too.