We rented this place for four nights to attend a family wedding.
First, the positives:
- Great location. Love the proximity to the Ralph and Whole Foods, near Figueroa where there are restaurants and shopping.
- Free parking place. Very convenient.
- Overall the building is a nice building.
- The kitchen was adequately equipped although having salt & pepper & sugar would have been very nice.
- We really needed a place with three good bedrooms and three baths and this unit fit that bill.
- Nice staff. We really liked Rodrigo, he was nice and tried hard to get us what we needed. When the chain on the roller shade broke we were able to get a same day repair so that we could close the blinds.
Now, the downsides to this place:
- The description of this place and the photos were deceiving and we would not have rented this place had we known the following:
- One of the bedrooms has no door and no windows! And the air conditioning doesn’t properly cool this bedroom. The couple in this bedroom was miserable due to heat and no privacy without a door!
- One of the beds was in a closet without a vent or window - we couldn’t get our granddaughter to sleep in that terrible closet.
- There was only a single usable closet in this three bedroom apartment! We came for four days for a wedding and we had a lot of dress clothes on hangers but the master bedroom closet had been turned into that tiny terrible bedroom and the bedroom without a door’s closet was the storage closet for I think all of the rental units in the building. In our opinion, NOT acceptable not to have a closet to hang clothes in for each bedroom. We finally went to Target and bought a rolling clothes rack that put outside the master bedroom so that two of the rooms would have a place to hang clothes. They need to turn the master bedroom closet back into a closet and get that double bed out of there. No one will ever sleep in that closet and you need to have a functional closet in the master bedroom! That bedroom without a door should be billed as a kids bedroom or bonus bedroom but not as a fully functional bedroom.
- Towel supply completely inadequate. When we got there there were six bath towels for eight people and two or three small wash clothes and NO hand towels. Rodrigo brought us two more bath towels and I think a couple more wash cloths and one hand towel. We finally bought eight hand towels and ten wash cloths so that we would have adequate towels for our four day stay.
- Keys. We were able to get the second set of keys on day two when we are there but they were very resistant to this. You really need two or three sets of key for a three bedroom unit when you have three couples staying there. You can’t get into that building or the unit without the elevator fob and a door key and you cannot expect three couples to be able to coordinate all of their comings and goings for four days.
- Light bulbs burned out throughout the unit. We had to go to Target and buy light bulbs.
- Floor in the unit was FILTHY. We had a baby with us who was crawling on the floor and her hands and clothes were filthy when we picked her up. When we took a paper towel and water to the floor we realized that floor hadn’t been mopped in months. It needed to be deep steam cleaned at this point in time and mopped every week to keep it clean.
Overall, I would not rent this unit again. Not what we expected.