All reviews shared room rooftop bar broken shaker exchange restaurant private quad exchange building hotel hostel lower bed israeli style bunk room plug points young vibe whole foods store shampoo soap fun pool style room small gym
Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

First hostel stay & it exceeded expectations! Very cool & trendy hotel. Staff were extremely friendly throughout stay. Stayed in the female only quad hostel room. Freehand provides a towel & a locker for belongings. And there’s individual outlets next to beds. WiFi speed was great! As a woman traveling alone, safety was a priority & I felt safe and comfortable here. Right in the middle of downtown LA. The rooftop bar was amazing & drinks were too! Only a couple blocks away from the metro line. Was turned away for valet parking for being already too full at 6pm on a Friday night and the complimentary breakfast leaves more to be desired. During my stay, only cereal, small muffins, apples, juice, & coffee were provided. Being lactose intolerant was a challenge for their breakfast options. But hey! Can’t complain with free food. Will definitely come back again

Trip type: Travelled solo
ElizabethP3803, Manager at Freehand Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2019

Hey SweetPetite, thank you for the review and the great recap of your stay with us. There's nothing we love hearing more than new hostel guests enjoying their first shared experience! That, and that our staff were super friendly :) Thank you for both and we hope we do see you back again soon. EP

Reviewed 9 January 2019 via mobile

Very hip and happening hotel. Love the design of the room and all common areas. Staff are friendly and helpful. The maid service could have been better in refilling the shampoo & soap on the daily basis.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at freehand. I stayed one night on Jan 5 2019? in a private quad room with my sister and a mate. Our little space was cozy and clean, the beds are spacious and comfortable and the bunks are really solid and sturdy. We had a private bathroom inside our room which was great! I loved this place and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2019

This review is especially for parents who want a safe, decked out, groovy place for their young adult children to stay. This hostel/hotel surprised my twenty two year old son with their high standards. He was so comfortable during an eight night stay with daily room service and great security. I was sent such awesome pictures of the city views from the rooftop pool and bar. The staff were also very good with email responses to his Mom (me!). It was an over all positive experience and one that I would recommend to Australian travelers. The price tag is pretty reasonable and The NoMad Hotel's coffee bar is just a few steps away.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Aruni-writes K
ElizabethP3803, Manager at Freehand Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2019

Wow Aruni! Thank you so much for the incredibly thoughtful review of your son's stay. It was a pleasure taking care of him and ensuring his time with us was enjoyable and safe. We hope we get to see him again and wish you both the best in 2019, EP.

Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

After staying in the freehand in New York, when I check places to stay in LA and I saw that the freehand have a hotel there I knew that I will go there after the great experience in NY.

And I have to say that the hotel answered my expectations and even more the room was cozy and a bit bigger than the room in New York the hotel is located in down town LA in a nice area with many restaurants and pubs nearby.

In the hotel itself as in NY you have the broken shaker bar on the roof top a great place for cocktails, on the lobby floor you have additional great restaurant the exchange it is very tasty and if you are staying in the hotel I will recommend eating there. The hotel stuff was very nice and accommodating all the time.

If you want to stay in LA in style I would definitely recommend staying in the freehand

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much Shai! The Freehand is certainly growing quickly and becoming a fantastic accommodation option for anyone wanting to immerse themselves in the local culture of the city they are staying. We always focus on having the best local colabs with chefs, designers and artists alike to make every Freehand truly unique to its location and the city it's in. Glad you found both amazing and different and can't wait for you to come back or experience the next one! All the best and happy New Year, EP.