Reviews (1 393)
1 393 results
All reviews the world trade center the financial district nice hotel junior suite staples center convention center valet parking westin bonaventure room was large nice bathroom valet service lobby area coffee maker freeway figueroa conference dtla
87 - 92 of 1 393 reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel by itself was very nice, but it has two unexpected downsides:
There is no free wifi (except for a small region in the lobby, as if we are still 2010?)
Also, you can only park your car at an extortionate rate. I would have assumed that guest can park free of charge. Even the hotel in Las Vegas did not dare to charge for this.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
LAHDT, Director of Guest Services at The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Greetings,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. In regards to Wi-Fi and parking though we are in 2018 and it’s almost an expectation to not pay for either item you had mentioned. Unfortunately, the majority of full service hotels still charge for these amenities. We take pride in ensuring that we set a fair and reasonable price point at all time. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Centrally located Hotel, but as a Tourist in LA I should have picked in Santa Monica Area because DT LA is far from main attractions.
The Hotel is nice and clean. Rooms are big.
We were on the top floor, so great view.
But that's it about the Hotel. Service is not personalised, I was dissapointed they didn't offer anything or even write us a message even tho they were informed we were on our honeymoon.
The Room was set up for one person and even tho we told them the first day, they kept making the same mistake each day (one towel, one coffee capsule). The mini bar is empty (and then when we asked they said they don't do mini bars anymore...??????) and also they don't give complimentary water in the room.
Internet in the Rooms is paid, which is weird, I didn't think in this age and time paid internet still exists...
Breakfast is quite good and the service is friendly. Also at their Bar (Bar 9) where we had drinks twice.
Check-out experience was too quick, they just gave me a receipt (didn't ask if our stay was good or if we need any assistance, or explained the bill... Etc...) nothing. Very unfriendly.
Overall it was an okay experience, I could have given 3 Stars but the very dissapointing part is that I gave a complaint about a few things the first day and they said they will relay to management... And nothing was done!! No calls from management, nothing. I even told them that it's our honeymoon and I am not satisfied.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelboulad88

Greetings Mr. Boulad,

Thank you for writing about your stay. I certainly apologize that the stellar service that you were suppose to receive fell very short of your expectations.Please feel free to reach out to me by contacting the hotel directly to speak about this more in detail.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This was a really nice hotel with a great location in downtown.

It was quite central and as I was seeing a show at Staples Centre it was really convenient.

The room was on the 14th floor and had a good view of the city. The bed was comfy and the shower was powerful.

It’s only but very big let down was the fact that you had to pay for the WiFi, even in the communal areas. In this day and age free WiFi is the norm and not the exception

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
LAHDT, Director of Guest Services at The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Greetings,

Thank you for taking time and writing about your stay, Though there is a nominal fee for using the internet in your room the lobby is completely complimentary. ,Just go to the reception area and ask for an access code.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This was my first time staying at this hotel and I was really impressed. It's not one of those vast hotels that take you an age to navigate, but large enough to have decent facilities. Staff at check-in were prompt and friendly, making it an easy process for myself and my colleagues. Reception is bright, modern and clean, with the added touch of having a piano playing in the evenings. Plenty of lifts to the floors, and not too far to walk even if in the furthest rooms.

Views vary, I had pool/freeway view which was fine, nothing to complain about. Rooms are nothing special to look at, slightly odd to not have a full-length mirror other than behind the bed, so not really full length at all. Decor and design is bog standard, doesn't stand out in any way, but just fine. The beds were super comfortable, I slept really well! You can actually open windows in here, even on high floors - hooray! The bathroom is similar, average decor, but nice enough, the shower works very efficiently and the amenities smell lovely.

The pool area is nice, a bit of an odd layout but a nice relaxed area. There are a very limited number of sunbeds available, but we didn't seem to have much competition for space on these. Pool is sort of + shaped, not ideal for swimming lengths really, but a nice size nonetheless.

Breakfast is pretty decent compared to many US hotels, the pastries are delicious, but lots to choose from, fruit, cereal, breads, muffins, hot food. The onsite shop is overpriced as usual for these places.

Internet in the rooms seems to be very hit and miss, I had no end of trouble trying to connect but others were fine.

Overall I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank apricot_brandy
LAHDT, Director of Guest Services at The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Greetings,

Thank you taking the time and writing about your stay. All of your input is critical to our success. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

This hotel is located on Bunker Hill above the LA Music Center complex. Pay parking is available but if you travel in without a car, local bus and rail stops are nearby. The hotel offers a large lobby which they sometimes rent out to the movie studios for a shoot. If this happens while you are here, they will tell you to shut up for a while during the filming. But you will still have access to the hotel. One thing I didn't like was that there was a fee to use the business center computer (but you can print a boarding pass without paying). Housekeeping was rather late in cleaning the rooms and they didn't always leave the correct number of towels and toiletries. Windows were secured, so the inside air flow to the room is controlled by the thermostat.There's a bar and restaurant in the lobby area. I found one of the restaurant hosts to be awfully rude. But not the bartender. So maybe drink at the bar and eat elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zoom_Gotti

Greetings,

Thank you for writing about your stay here at The L.A. Grand Hotel Downtown. I realize that you did not care too much for the filming that was taking place in the lobby however; the vast majority of guests is excited and really looks forward to this when it happens. I am certain that it was not one of our hotel staff that had told you to "shut-up". Unfortunately, that came from the production set. Otherwise, I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.