Ways to Experience Hollywood Walk of Fame
2 968
4 140
5 382
2 111
All reviews stars names favorite star famous names both sides dolby theatre hollywood stars take pictures hand prints michael jackson wax museum walk around hollywood sign people watching vine celebrities actors blvd
801 - 806 of 15 546 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

It’s absolutely a must have! To be fair, it’s not really that what we expected to see but worth. It’s just a shopping street where you find the stars on the pavement wherever you walk. It’s also quite expensive but the feeling you get is fantastic. Walking down the Walk of Fame! Amazing! The street life actually hit us. You boys were playing music, convinced us to sing and to dance with them, fantastic! They made our day! We also did not expect sooo much fun on this busy strip!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This was high on my must see list for our Los Angeles visit. We ended up walking the entire walk of fame. Come wearing comfortable shoes and have some water.

This is not the gleaming polished walk you see on TV at new star reveals. This is a high traffic sidewalk and looks like it, at least did by midday when we visited. You also have to contend with a thousand others jostling to see their favorite stars star. And 90% of them are oblivious to you and the fact you are trying to snap a picture of Snoopy’s star.

There are maps ($10) to show you where the various stars are located for those on a schedule. There are public parking lots nearby .

Be prepared to be approached by hawkers trying to get you on a tour of the stars (every 100 feet). There is also some very interesting people and shops lining the walk of fame.

1  Thank Mark Q
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My daughter thought it would be fun to see the Walk of Fame. It's basically streets lined w/ souvenir shops, bar restaurants, street performers, vendor tables a few homeless people. Watch your valuables here! I saw a few people eyeball tourist backpacks. I would visit definitely morning to mid afternoon esp with kids/ teens as early evening it starts to get more crowded & a little rowdy.
We left at 6 PM as street performers & followers we're covering the Walk of Fame stars and you couldn't read the names nor would dare ask somebody to move . The tables and booths were set up along the streets which made it incapable of reading the stars.
I'm not sure how it gets later on in the night, can only imagine. If you grew up in a big city this probably would be OK for you but if you were from a smaller town, it would probably be a little uncomfortable. The Dolby Theater & its shopping area is nice to see. I was expecting the sidewalks to be pristine but in my opinion, a little shabby. We took a taxi back to our hotel as I didn't feel comfortable walking with my teens alone just before dusk back to hotel. While in traffic in the taxi, we saw a police officer holler at somebody to stop and they kept running as 4 police officers were chasing him and two police cars in persuit -think we left a good time:)

3  Thank Julie N
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Come early in the morning before the crowds make it impossible to see all the stars on the sidewalk and by early I mean 7am. You will have the place to yourself and can avoid the druggies and what not. Snap photos of your favorite stars and you can say you did Hollywood splendid! Because a trip to Hollywood just isn't complete without seeing the Walk of fame, ya know?

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I could have given it 4 stars but there are a few factors why it probably shouldn't get more and that being the history. There are some individuals that have been handed stars that certainly don't warrant their place considering some of the calibre of people over the last 50 years to have graced our lives. Be it musicians,actors etc. I found parking really easily which was great. While there were quite a few people around which is to be expected it was still very easy to get around and take some cool shots. There are some nice chilled restaurants and bars to hang out in if you are so inclined. Many parents with kids so it did feel quite family orientated which even though I was on my own gave it a nice diverse touch. The performers etc didn't seem to be overly forceful and if you aren't interested in their gimmicks. Other than that still fun to take a walk. It was a lot longer than I could ever have imagined. It goes on for quite a few blocks.

1  Thank grants976