“Heathy and tasty”

The Butcher's Daughter
Ranked #37 of 10 876 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: Venice
Description: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. 100% Vegetarian restaurant with vegan and gluten-free options available. Cold-pressed juices made daily, coffee, tea's and bakery. Full Bar. Open 7-days a week.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

had one of the best meal here. the service was excellent. i had the roasted baby artichokes which was delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Again other great experience, the carbonara was amazing, so was the pizza.
We keep coming back.
Service was great, everything beyond clean.
Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Loved it for lunch, so I took friends for dinner. The wait was 45 mins for a table for five - they do not take reservations - and half of the tables were empty for the entire duration of our wait.

I love the place and its concept - and I am known for loving to spend top dollar on extraordinary food. However, I found the prices for drinks at bar overly excessive - average wine $15/ glass - and my "Berliner Weisse" Beer was a disaster. Served from a can - aid you'd serve that in a Berlin beer place you are likely to get shot.

Then: dinner. Again, we love the place and the concept. Starters arrived only one minute before entrees. Our "Spaghetti Carbonara" - we know it's Squash Spaghetti - did not remotely resemble anything that compares to Carbonara. The waiter asked if we'd like it with bread crumbs - not that I ever heard that Carbonara is served with any bread in it - and we agreed. Sadly, it came without - and a check back why was ignored. To avoid any misunderstanding: it was nice - better was at $20.

Only two stars: we were constantly asked "may I take your plate" - even though the plates were half full. At one time, when engaged in a conversation with our friends, my wife did not respond quick enough - and half of her entree was gone. They did credit it on the check - but that was not the idea. She left hungry.

Finally, 20% gratuity was automatically added - they say customary for a party of five. For me: not good enough. I will not go again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I had eaten at this restaurant on a recent trip to NYC and was thrilled to see they also had a location in LA. The restaurant is on one of your must see roads in LA filled with trendy shops and restaurants. The inside was very aesthetically pleasing. I loved that there was actually space in this one as I felt crammed in other places we visited in California. We went around 9 am on a Thursday and walked right in. There were only a few others scattered through the restaurant at the time. We parked on the street and it was very stress free. I ordered the avocado toast (which they easily made gluten free) and an almond milk latte. Everything was so fresh and honestly delicious. We will definitely be back & will hope for a Nashville location until then!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Really nice and candid place,with the right feel synonymous with LA...the service was great,the ambience stupendous and food satisfactory..great beer....customer satisfaction remains a key result area for the staff here which is heartening!!!!

1  Thank abhinandanmukherj