“Come hungry for seafood .”

The Original Fish Company
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Los Alamitos
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Off the Hook offers social dining focused on a vibrant, chef-driven menu, high-quality ingredients, and a relaxed ambiance that encourages sharing and bringing people together through food & cocktails.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I went here the day after Father's Day and it was bustling with people from work and families who were probably celebrating Father's Day late . As you walk
to the entrance , the strong smell of fish can either repel you or , as in our case , make you hungrier .
For starters, we had the coconut shrimp on top of cabbage salad. This was very delicious. The shrimp was crunchy when you bite into it.
You have to try the New England clam chowder with their roll. I was scraping the bowl of clam chowder with the roll . It was that delicious!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I last dined here over 30 years ago. Dining there all the time when I lived in SoCal. STILL packed everyday! Great atmosphere, excellent food and service. Jennifer, our server, was very professional and personable. Our meal consisted of Oysters Rockefeller, Sautéed Sand Dabs and Grilled Shrimp! Everything was excellent and highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Great food and service. Has a Bar and a fresh market. Great for family gatherings or a romantic date. The service is exceptional as well as the food. There is also a children’s menu. You can dine either inside or on the patio. The patio is covered. The prices are in comparison to any other restaurant that serves fish and steak. If you would like to try a new restaurant I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

All the seafood is fresh and very delicious. There is a fresh fish area where you can purchase fish to take home and grill or cook. It is advisable to make a reservation because this is one of the best seafood restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

This place is large & has everything going on: a market, wood smoking oven, steaming area indoor & outdoor seating, and active bar area serving full menu. Yet, it doesn't feel like a cavern and there is an intimacy to the different seating areas. I don't know what took me so long to try this place???
The fish IS FRESH and cooked properly. Many different types of fish & crustaceans are available in a wide variety of recipes. I'm a Manhattan Clam Chowder gal and this is a go-to place for it (along with other chowder recipes, my friends tell me). I felt like I was at the best Northeast wharf restaurant as I enjoyed this chowder. We had mesquite broiled Halibut, and Monk fish, both more than exceptional with generous portions and sides. Fully stocked bar and wine list with very knowledgeable staff. Fun bar scene with TVs to keep-up with the athletic events of the moment.
We went to lunch on a weekend...fabulous and dinner never became necessary. We wanted to be seated quickly, it was swamped, so we ate at the bar --- it was great fun.
I highly recommend this restaurant and it can accommodate a special couples setting or an outing for all ages including small children.