4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$203
View deal
AscendUS$203
Expedia.comUS$203
PricelineUS$203
FindHotelUS$203
eDreamsUS$203
Lol.travelUS$243
All reviews fast food restaurants fire pit free breakfast would definitely stay here again front desk staff hotel in long beach nice pool cruise terminal bed was very comfortable sanjay cvs albertsons microwave cabana starbucks convenience convention
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed at the Cove Hotel after returning on the Catalina Island ferry. The staff appeared to be short handed, but the two ladies manning both the reception area and bar did a fantastic job multi-tasking. The pool area was absolutely gorgeous. The blue light in the pool, the gas fire pit, and outside furniture and plants made the place look like a tropical oasis. Double queen room was spacious and comfortable. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wheezlwine
Deone O Dempcy, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Dear wheezlwine, thank you for choosing The Cove Hotel for your recent visit to our area and taking the time to provide us with this Excellent review and kind words! It is flattering when guests come to visit Catalina/SoCal and say The Cove Hotel was the best accomodations of the trip. We hope to see you regularly now that cruises have resumed.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

I chose this hotel on a business trip based on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews. This was a case where Tridadvisor let me down. It was OK, but very far from great and I thought that it was much less than I would have expected for the price point. Like many similar "boutique" hotels it's a remodeled motel. It's not badly done, but it didn't manage to get rid of the motel feel. The bathrooms and the common areas were nicely renovated, but the room itself still felt (and smelt) like a motel room. On check-in I was asked to read, initial and sign a page long list of rules and restrictions, which not only was annoying, but was something that I'm not used to and left the impression that I couldn't be trusted. It was just a unsatisfactory experience, and for a similar price I could have stayed in a standard Marriot/Hilton/Hyatt business hotel, which would have been much nicer.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank pblelloch
Deone O Dempcy, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Dear Paul, we did not ask you to acknowledge the hotel policies because we didn't trust you... we have everyone agree to them to ensure everyone's experience is quiet, safe, and free of smoke. This necessity was the result of significant shift in travelers in 2020... we all hope to be back on the "honor system" very soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Lovely pool area with many seating areas. Outstanding staff. Hotel clean and well cared for. Would keep rooms open for 48 hours between guests. Balcony rooms were exceptionally nice with a small table and chairs for outdoor dining. Excellent shower with a rainfall head and spray arm. Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner and lotion. They do pay staff for time off related to Covid.

Street outside our door was busy and noisy but did not disrupt our sleep.

2 layers of shades, one for shading and the other for black out. Made for great sleeping.

Keurig in the room but only 1 K cup for it. Several other coffee packets that would not fit the machine.

No self service ice but staff assisted with that.

Room tip: Maybe have a room away from the main street. Not sure the name
Date of stay: August 2021
Deone O Dempcy, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Dear Katherine, thank you for choosing The Cove Hotel and providing us with this Excellent review! We are thrilled to learn you will continue using us for your future trips to our area. I recently upgraded our coffee selection to not only a better coffee, but also a "greener" option with a fraction of the plastic waste of the normal Kcups. They slide right in just like the traditional ones. We also have self service ice 24/7 down the hallway from the front desk... we just find it preferred to say "allow me to get that for you" rather than pointing down the hallway.
Safe travels, see you soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2021

I was able to spend three days here at the Cove while visiting my son. I arrived in the early evening from a two night camping trip and taking a shower under the rain head shower head was heavenly. I then got a restful sleep in the comfy bed. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was also clean. My room overlooked the pool which I spent a day at relaxing on a lounge chair under the umbrella. The pergolas and cabana were a nice touch surrounded by palm trees giving it a tropical vibe. Would have enjoyed having island music playing instead of the easy listening that was coming through. I ordered breakfast at the Wave cafe and a glass of wine a couple nights. It was a large glass for the price and the staff was very pleasant. The pool area closes at 9pm which was too early. I would have liked to spend more time around the fire pit. And upgrade that could be made to the room would be to remove the carpet and replace with laminate. I will return to this place the next time I am in the area.

Date of stay: August 2021

Dear slmbd, thank you for choosing The Cove Hotel and providing us with this Excellent review and rating! We're thrilled you enjoyed seemingly all aspects of your stay. I agree night swimming and late night firepit sound nice, but we found 9pm to be a reasonable time that guests wanting to sleep can expect no disturbances outside the room.
We hope your future travels will again include a visit to our hotel!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2021

Comforatable and very nice rooms. Very clean specially compared to other places around here. This is the place I prefer anywhere around here. I would definitely recommend this place if you come with family or a business trip.

Date of stay: August 2021
Deone O Dempcy, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Dear Ozzie, thank you for choosing The Cove Hotel and taking the time to provide us with this Excellent review and rating! Thrilled to hear we are you first choice in hospitality when visiting the Long Beach area and we look forward to welcoming you back often.