“Charming museum, in a small Palos Verdes neighborhood”

Lomita Railroad Museum
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Lomita
Reviewed 18 April 2010

This little museum is tucked away in a small residential area in Lomita, on the PV peninsula. There are 5 train cars in total (if my memory is correct): two cabooses, one tanker, one box, and one steam engine. Visitors can walk through one of the cabooses and climb up into the steam engine. There is also a small museum building with train models and artifacts.

The person who founded this museum used to build miniature train sets for use as amusement park rides. I got the impression that these little trains may be available for viewing and/or riding at an offsite location, but I did not pursue this while I was there.

I'm not sure that this place is worth driving across the whole metro area to visit, but if you're in the neighborhood and you like trains, it's definitely worth a stop. When I was there, it was $4 for adults and $2 for kids. There is plenty of free parking.

5  Thank theregularguy