“Great history here”

Lake Shasta Caverns
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Lakehead
Reviewed 6 September 2017

These are some amazing caverns. I have driven by these countless times. We finally went to visit and we were not disappointed. Fun boat ride across the lake and exciting shuttle drive up mountain to caves. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. Take the tour. It is worth it.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This truly was an amazing experience. Not just learning about the lake and seeing the beauty of the mountains and all, but of course the caverns. The tour is well worth the price. From the Ferry to the shuttle to the guide inside, everyone was happy to be there and answer all our questions. The caverns themselves were a sight to see and learning about the formations was fun. My daughters genuinely had a good time.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Well I visited here over the labor day weekend and I was not impressed that we were told it was a self-paced tour and that there would be guides in each room to explain things. SO basically you are on your own and when you would enter a room, maybe the guide would be talking, maybe he wouldn't be so not that informative. I think this approach was adopted over the Holiday weekend in an effort to get as many people as possible through the tour in the shortest amount of time.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

the caverns were OK when compared to other caves I've been in but the boat ride & bus ride to the cavern made the total experience worth it the price & time

Reviewed 18 August 2017

It's about a two hour time investment and $26.00 per person. Quite a bargain for a short boat ride across a beautiful big lake, a fun shuttle ride up the mountainside and one hours worth of exercise climbing up and down hundreds of stairs following a young guide through the caverns. The climb was a little steeper than some other caverns that we've visited in the past few years but they were doable. I always try to visit any caves or caverns we may pass while on road trips and this one was quite similar to others, except for the boat and shuttle ride necessary to reach it. The caverns are only a short drive from Hwy 5 and don't require much effort to visit and I recommend it as an interesting side trip.

1  Thank ragsdad