“Delicious Lunch”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Desert Club & Avenida Bermudas
Description: Solano's Bistro is chef owned and operated on Main Street of Old Town La Quinta. Dine inside or outside on our patio, browse beautiful pieces of art from local artists, and feel like family while enjoying the delicious flavors created by Executive Chef Francisco Solano.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a very good coconut shrimp salad here. The service was quick, and the atmosphere easy. A nice place for a bite of lunch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently had dinner at Solano's over Easter weekend. From the outside I thought this establishment was a bit more upscale than Stuft Pizza down the street. Unfortunately, in it's attempt to be shabby chic, it just looked shabby. The bar area looked better than the restaurant space.

The receptionist was very nice and I was impressed that she paid attention to my request for a table away from the entrance and kitchen. It took them an extra 15 min to obtain a table even though I made reservations. Our table ended up next to the waiters station. Honestly, what part of "quiet table away from kitchen, entrance and foot traffic" is difficult to understand?

Our waiter was rushed and not real friendly. After we received our food, he did not check in on us and did not offer cracked pepper for our salad nor parmesan for my pasta. No bueno.

As for the food, my bacon, chicken, pesto pasta was mushy and luke warm. Clearly it sat a bit before it was served. My husband had the prime rib which was a thick cut but not a good quality. It was chewy and tough.

In short I would not recommend this restaurant. It was way overpriced and simply not very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Solano's is a quaint restaurant with excellent food! We always choose to sit out on the patio, even though it was cool for La Quinta. (They have lots of heaters.)

The Raspberry Brie Quesadilla is our favourite appetizer ever!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great pasta enjoyed everything!!highly recommendable. We went back 3 times in 2,weeks!!!yummo. My husband loved it!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The lunch was very good for price and the heaters were on for a February cool day. Great people watching too. Had the fish tacos which were excellent.