4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$327
Hotels.comUS$327
Expedia.comUS$327
eDreamsUS$327
Residence InnUS$327
CheapTicketsUS$327
All reviews full kitchen penthouse suite whole foods trader joes san diego living room easy access yogurt minute drive family vacation torrey pines ucsd property unit dishwasher zoo furniture
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021

I used to stay in Residence Inn's locations very often while traveling with my family thought the Country and normaly it was an afordable, good enough experience. This time in La Jolla, we spent 6 terrible nights WITH NO ROOM CLEANING at all!! You do not look for style or decor in those kind of hotels, but the minimum you expect is a clean place to stay, specially now! I think we left the room cleaner than when we found it. When we complained at the front desk, they told us that because of the pandemic, they were short of personel, while the place was as full as it could ever be. Furniture is ugly and not at it's best.
Also, the pick up breakfast place, was unprepared and absolutely unatractive. The food was soaked in ice or dry and old. There has been several months to adjust your offer and service!! All of us had!! NEVER GOING BACK to a RI again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LorenaNoriega
Anessa Graytok, Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

LorenaNoriega,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate your honest feedback. It is true that many of our services have changed beginning last year, including our modified housekeeping schedule in order to limit guest/employee exposure. As for breakfast, we have worked hard to offer a wide array of options and keep service as safe and efficient as possible, but are so sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations. We hope you will still continue to make Marriott your first choice when traveling.

Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

I checked in at 4AM and asked to do an early check-in for no charge and the night auditor allowed it and did not advise that I would be charged twice for one night. Before I checked out, I called again to verify that the information is correct and another day time front desk staff told me that I should only get charged one night. A week later the charge was still on my card and I called Marriott Corporate, they assigned a new case # to me and the general manager refused to approve the refund considering their staff mislead me. I called again because I was advised by Corporate that they would try to resolve it again. I followed up a week later and it turns out Marriott didn’t even give me the correct case #. I work to the State of California and have done numerous traveling and have never had such a horrible experience such as this. Avoid this hotel—there are a ton of other hotels in San Diego for the same price and you won’t be misinformed. Totally reporting this place to the Better Business Bureau.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Anessa Graytok, Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Hi jenniferannej,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for the confusion you faced; checking in at 4AM is fairly uncommon for us. It is true that 4am qualifies as the night before, so you would be charged for 2 nights. We certainly understand the frustration if this was not explained to you upon arrival. You experience has been discussed at length with our team to ensure they are well informed for all future guests.

Best Regards,
Anessa Graytok
Event Specialist

Reviewed 12 March 2021

The check in experience at the front desk with Sara was horrible!! We went to this hotel so we could get a suite for my son to watch the ufc fight with his friends. Not only did it feel like we were being PROFILED. She charged our card TWICE. The incidental hold of 500 dollars should be displayed on the confirmation or website which its not. When she told us the amount I wanted to double check with my son to see if he wanted to still stay there. When i went back to the counter Sara i guess assumed we couldn't pay for it. Her first response was so are we canceling your reservation. When i told her that we were going to stay she then asked me to insert my card . I guess she thought it was going to decline and when it was approved she then asked for id. She ended up charging us twice. Then she tells us she can't give us the keys because she cant pull 500 extras dollars. When i tell her because she has charged us twice. She says she never charged us twice and my son pulls up his bank statement to show her that she did. Even with evidence in her face she denied charging us twice. Then she tells the MOD that we tried to switch cards on her. They have cameras right at the front desk i told them to rewind the tape cause that never happened. Never asked if we were parking, she just started writing out a parking permit and when i told her we weren't parking she rips up the parking permit. But guess who was still charged for parking!!! The next day Sunday the 7th i called to the front desk and what ever guy was working at the front desk was rude as hell. I asked to speak to a manager and he said one wasnt available and that he would give them my number to call me. I said ok but i will be stopping by when i pick up my son when he checks out. We are about to get off the phone and i ask him don't you need my number because he never asked. His reply was i have your number. So i ask him what is my number and he reads the number that i was calling from that was not my phone number. i let him know that this isnt my number and he responded with well thats the number you called from. I ended up speaking to the hotel Gm and she stated she would look at my folio and get back to me. She never did. I then called two days after because there were charges i had questions about still on my sons card. This review could've been avoided had someone just followed and offered something other than we wont charge you the 500 incidental when we were already charged twice. Never again! Disappointed to say the least for that amount of money you shouldn't have to leave a place feeling like a criminal. Martinique and Hollis were great thats about it!

1  Thank marie2483
Anessa Graytok, Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2021

Hi marie2483,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and for your kind remarks regarding Martinique and Hollis. First and foremost I would like to apologize that your stay fell short of expectations. It's our goal for every guest to leave our property feeling refreshed and looking forward to their return trip.
We are so sorry that your son's credit card was authorized twice, and can assure you that both managers you spoke with have followed up with our team to ensure all processes are executed correctly moving forward. Authorizations will fall off of the card within a few business days, and if there is any delay we are always happy to contact your bank on your behalf, as offered by our manager during your stay.
Again, we sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience and hope you continue to choose Residence Inn when traveling.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

Can’t beat the bed. And staff is great. But I still don’t have hot enough water to shower. I’m told that’s as hot as they set it here. So, during Covid I’m washing dishes with barely lukewarm water. Heating water to wash up. I’m not new to hotels. This water is set ridiculously low. Daily I have to remove the top of the toilet to press down on the plunger to fill the tank. Haven’t called that in because I don’t want maintenance in my room during Covid. Kitchen accommodations are a joke. Tiny frying pan and one 2 qt pot. Partially melted spatula, no rubber scrapers or whips and knives that are so thin and flexible you can’t cut a carrot with them. Surprised there are no USB ports. Had to get an extension cord with ports to use while I’m here. I’m stuck here for 2 weeks with a remodel at home. Hoping the shower at home is done this week so I can go home and shower. Disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank 13cynthiau
Anessa Graytok, Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Hi 13cynthiau,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We really appreciate the kind words in regards to our staff - we have a fantastic team! We also thank you for sharing the ways that we can improve our property. You can rest assured that your comments have been brought to our management staff in order to make all appropriate changes .

Reviewed 11 December 2020

This was the only hotel we could find that had three queen size beds in one room. So it made it not only a great deal for us financially, but it was also just so convenient to have everyone in one space. Having a full kitchen was also a really great feature. The room was very clean, the gym was clean, and the pool was clean although incredibly small. The breakfast was amazing! My normally picky kids found tons of food to eat and it was all of good quality. We would definitely come back here if we needed the space for numerous people.

Date of stay: January 2020