Reviews (1 398)
1 398 results
All reviewsmelting potsan diegobusiness hotellarge hotelself parkingbreakfast buffetbeautiful hoteloutdoor poolper daymini fridgenice stayfitness centerwhole foodsminute drivestreet parkingtorrey pinesjapengo
63 - 68 of 1 398 reviews
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Came to La Jolla for a wedding. Wedding was at hotel. Rate was good. Great day at the pool on Sunday with my son. Great food at the pool bar. Truly enjoyed the San Diego weather. Hotel is situated in a great neighborhood.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

The hotel was ok, the rooms are small, during our stay there was no hot
Water for a few of hours and then for another period, there was no water at all. The pool was a bit on the cold side and the food was average.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

The entire stay was outstanding. From check-in to check-out, we were taken care of and questions answered in a timely and professional manner. We would choose Hyatt again. Check-in personnel also answered questions about hotel and surrounding area - very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for adding this review for our Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine. I am happy to see you enjoyed our helpful staff. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Best Regards,
John S.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had a great stay with exceptional service. The property is maintained with exceptional care, very attractive and conveniently close to La Jolla activities. The staff is attentive and eager to help at all times.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are thrilled to hear you had a stay to remember. Thank you for the shout out to our lovely staff, we will be sure to let them know what a great job they did. We hope you have a chance to come back and see us again at Hyatt Regency La Jolla. Best regards, Mandi A.-Guest Relations Associate.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We checked into the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine for 1 night. We arrived 2:41 pm and were told our room was not ready yet and that it would probably be an hour (though check-in is at 3). No problem on this--I asked the front desk if we could leave our bags with the bell desk and if they could deliver our bags to the room when it was ready. The front desk was very accommodating about this so we tipped both the front desk and the bell captain and left. At 3:21, I received an email that our room was ready and our bags had been delivered. All was good so far.

We returned to the hotel later, around 8:30, and got our card keys from the front desk. We went to the room (4th floor) and it was dark--there was only 1 light switch by the door to light the hallway. We walked to the back of the room and switched on the lamps manually, but the one floor lamp wouldn't turn on. The shade was on it lopsidedly and on further inspection, there was no bulb. With only 1 lamp between the beds and another at the desk, the room was fairly dark. We called housekeeping and they said they'd send up someone. (We also asked housekeeping for some extra bath wash.) The maintenance worker said the lamp was broken and said it should have been reported. He said he'd bring another. He returned with another desk lamp and said there were no more floor lamps. Putting that on the floor was a little, um, awkward. To his credit, he moved a chest of drawers from under the TV to the side of the bed so we could put the light on top of there. Smart--but now the area where the chest proved to be quite dirty so I asked if we could get someone to clean it. He apologized and left to get the vacuum. In the meantime, I called the front desk and told them what happened. After mentioning that we had to move furniture and I wanted to be sure there they knew in case I wasn't supposed to do that...I wondered that there was no apology for the inconvenience caused me. So I mentioned that I was disappointed that the hotel room contained broken equipment and mentioned I was a Hyatt member and that I'd normally ask to be switched to another room but we were only there for the night. He mentioned there wasn't another room available. Ok...and then he apologized. I said I wanted him to let the manager know.

Did I ever receive a call from the manager? No.

Did I receive any offer to offset our inconvenience? No.

While I was on the phone with the front desk, the maintenance worker had returned and politely waited until I was off the phone then vacuumed. He apologized on the hotel's behalf--this maintenance worker was VERY nice--and said he hoped I'd return to stay again. I tried to tip him but he wouldn't take it, saying he was very sorry for the trouble caused to me.

Guess what? When we left the room the next morning, the door to the bathroom, a sliding barn door type, had broken pieces at the bottom--not sure why but we didn't slam it or anything. With taxes, etc., the room was not an inexpensive room. So why were we staying in a sub-par room with broken equipment? Perhaps because we were there only 1 night? Not sure. You be the judge.

Otherwise, this is a Hyatt resort so it is a fairly nice hotel.

4  Thank 808LG1