3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$159
PricelineUS$159
Hotels.comUS$159
eDreamsUS$159
Trip.comUS$177
CheapTicketsUS$159
Reviews (1 229)
1 229 results
All reviews windansea beach great location la jolla beach room was clean san diego short walk to the beach coffee maker pool and jacuzzi free breakfast travelodge surfers microwave shoals ocean california cove seals
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 1 229 reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

i visited la jolla for my birthday and staying here made it even better! we had some last minute booking complications and luis was able to help us through them all and when we checked in tricia was super nice and answered all of our questions (we kind of had a lot ahaha). the room was clean and the bed was veryyy comfy. i definitely recommend staying here if youre looking for a cute little hotel thats only a walk away from one of san diego nicest beaches!! well be coming back soon for sure.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2021

Excellent customer service and facilities especially during this time of pandemic. Great location and great rooms with lovely accomodations. Very appreciative to the staff who was very Covid conscious, helpful, and friendly!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 February 2021

Cute and affordable. Walking distance to the beach . Very clean and modern room with a small fridge and Microwave as well. Single cup coffee maker provided 4 options. Towels are soft and they provide actual real size shower gels and amenities for you. Very nice. 55 inch flat screen with direct tv . Customer service is top notch here. 5 min drive from cute boutiques and food this is a super reasonable place to stay & enjoy LA Jolla . I look forward to returning here again .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2021 via mobile

The only way to get anything done is to speak with GM, which I did upon check.

1.) the shower in our room did not work and we had to transfer to another room - room 103.

2.) the night staff attending to the issues responses were laconic at best.

The next day we were locked out of our room and had to call him. I apologized for bothering him. That should have been his clue a complaint was probably going to filed.

3.) the AC vents in the room we transferred to rattled loudly and could not be used - room 105.

4.) the beds are pillow top and overly soft.

5.) we were given one key card for two people.

6.) no information was provided about the pool or bicycles upon check in.

7.) there are no breakfast items provided, however the hotel across the street is newer and offering breakfast. Probably “Covid” related, however this could be worked around.

8.) the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. Two towels, one wash cloth, one hand towel, and one coffee cup were provided. No BATHMATS which were desperately needed.

I was given 20% discount and offered 50% off one night if I choose to book a room with this facility again. However, I already informed the manager we would not be staying there again.

The GM was very nice and very receptive, but the damage was already done. It’s never a good outcome when staff make patrons feel like there are a bother.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2021

I will be back, I was happy at the Shoal, no issues over all and they gave great customer service. The location is wonderful and the beach is just a three minute walk from the hotel. I would of stayed longer if I could have.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel