Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Marriott Hotels
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$248
Hotels.comUS$248
FindHotelUS$248
Reviews (1 143)
1 143 results
All reviews the concierge lounge front desk westfield mall san diego nice hotel fire pit business trip breakfast buffet room service corner room small balcony lobby amuse valet ucsd california
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 1 143 reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2020

I accidentally booked this hotel through Priceline, then realized I had wanted to stay in a different area. I immediately called Priceline and they called the hotel. I'm talking like, within 5 minutes of making the reservation. Priceline said they would refund as long as the hotel allowed it. The hotel manager, Miste, refused and said I would be charged for a night as a fee. I then called Marriott customer service and explained. I received a snarky email from Miste again refusing to refund.

Again, I never checked in, and called within minutes of making the accidental reservation. I am a new mom who had to travel across the country during COVID for a move. Rather than having any compassion, this hotel has gone out of its way to ensure I am charged for a night I didn't stay.

After reading the reviews of this poorly managed, outdated, and dingy hotel I can understand how they need to rely on such shady practices to make any money.

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

Terrible service. Very rude manager (Ariel). She offered no sympathy when we specifically came here for the pool and one of her employees told us it was open until 11, when in fact it was only open until 8. We got to the hotel at 8, so that was a major disappointment. We even spent 2x more to come here specifically for that reason. Ariel had zero sympathy and was extremely rude in the process. Wouldn’t even offer us free WIFI! Wtf! I travel a lot for business and will be avoiding Marriotts in the future bc of this. It’s not about the pool, I get that was out of her control. But was in her control was how to handle situations like this. She was extremely rude and out of line. Won’t be recommending this place to anyone as long as she’s here (were locals and work in the building next door!)

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank derekbW2454HD
Miste Fertig, Guest Services / Front Office at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the service and the hours of operation of our pool. We never want to deter you from staying with our property or any other Marriott in the future so we do hope that you will re consider. I understand how frustrating it must be to book a hotel for a specific reason, and not be able to take advantage of the the main purpose of your stay. Thank you again for allowing us this opportunity to reflect on your feedback.

Reviewed 28 July 2020

I was scheduled to stay at the La Jolla Marriott for 3 days, but ended up staying for 4 weeks. When I arrived, I was welcomed at the reception by a very enthusiastic and friendly team member, Jasmine. The rooms are a little dated, but I understand they will remodel once COVID-19 is behind us. As time went by, I met a lot of team members, all of whom were very pleasant and obliging: Michael, the hotel’s general manager, Miste, the incredibly hard working front-end manager who also manages housekeeping, and even filled in when the Starbucks barista did not show up for work, Arial, front end manager, Melissa, Kyle and Paul at reception, Josè, Rey and Carlos from maintenance, and Simone from security. I hope I did not forget anyone because all of these outstanding people helped to make my extended stay a pleasant experience.

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank goodinca
Reviewed 27 July 2020

Great location, near many interesting stores and restaurants. An added plus is the bar area, which makes really good salads, as a place to stop by during your stay. The view of the surrounding area is really great as well, especially if the room has a balcony. The parking/valet and internet access are both provided at a really good rate as well. This location also has a beautiful fire pit some really relaxing outside lounging areas to check out too. I really appreciated the super service provided by Josh and John as well, as they were totally professional and helpful. I'm not too familiar with this specific area, so they gave me some recommendations on tours and other fun things to do in Balboa Park and San Diego. They also told me about some of the events that go on here as well as how the Presidential suite looks, some really cool guys. I highly recommend the San Diego Marriott La Jolla, everything went smoothly and comfortably during my stay.

Room tip: Find one with a balcony
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank GrantAlexander85
Reviewed 22 June 2020 via mobile

Stayed here with family in June 2020 for one night. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and had everything we needed— including a mini fridge. We were also happy to see a Starbucks in the lobby.
The only reason I rated 4 instead of 5 is that the hotel charges $32/night for parking. I was not aware of this when booking. We still very much enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: June 2020