Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$321
US$278
  • Restaurant
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$224
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$360
US$318
  • Restaurant
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$355
US$310
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$453
US$424
  • Pool
San Diego Marriott La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$393
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$420
Travelocity
Reviews (1 062)
1 062 results
All reviewsmanhattan restaurantvalet parkingpiano barspa suitecontinental breakfastwithin walking distanceboiled eggsstreet parkingjacuzzi tubyogurtshops and restaurantslocation is greatbed was very comfortablesan diegosmall hotelheart of la jollafront desk staff
13 - 18 of 1 062 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Empress during a business trip. The staff was welcoming, and the hotel itself seemed nice though you can tell its an older building. You can tell they've put a lot of work into updating it, and the halls are bright an cheery. The odd part, to me, was the baby grand piano in my room. Being that I play the piano it was actually a pretty cool thing to have, but who puts a piano in a hotel room? The room itself was nice enough, and the bed was quite comfy. The hotel offers a nice breakfast that is in an open balcony area. My only gripe about the breakfast was that it was all carbs. There was no protein to be found. I'm not a health nut, but I crash hard if I start the day with nothing but carbs. The location is great in the its close to restaurants and the beach. I would stay here again, but I would also be open to checking out some of the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: There are rooms with pianos. Yes, pianos!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Empress Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear TheGooner13,

Dear Guests,

We appreciate your recent stay with us for your business trip. I appreciate your mention of our associates as it is our goal for all guests to experience exceptional service. I am glad that you enjoyed your Spa Suite and the amenities that we provide. Many of our guests enjoy the grand piano in the Spa Suite and request it each time that stay with us. Our morning breakfast has something for everyone. In addition to the fruit, pastries, and freshly made hot waffles, we offer boiled eggs, a variety of cheese, salami, yogurt, and orange and grapefruit juice in addition to coffee. I appreciate your mention of our location as we are central to everything that La Jolla has to offer. Thanks for staying with us! We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel location was absolutely perfect for walking to La Jolla Cove, stores, and restaurants. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sassy202099,

Our location is one that cannot be beat as we are central to everything that La Jolla has to offer. I appreciate your mention of our associates as it is our goal for all guests to experience exceptional service. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the amenities that we provide. Thanks for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was elegant and beautiful. From the outside you wouldn't know what a gem it was inside! Rooms were decorated in a upscale way and was very spacious. Beds were so comfortable I was sad to leave. I will be coming back again soon!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Joel M, General Manager at Empress Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Carrie T,

We are happy that you stayed with us for a wedding that you attended in La Jolla. I am glad that you liked our rooms and the amenities that we provide. We cannot wait to welcome you back again in the near future. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms were nicely done with ammenities I would have expoected in more expensive places. The location is great in downtown LaJolla. Lots of great restaurants and the beach is close by. I'll be back. Definately a luxury room at a lower than luxury cost.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Neil M,

We are happy that you liked our room and the amenities that we provide. Our location is central to everything that La Jolla has to offer. I am glad that you enjoyed it! We are a very good value for the dollar especially when one considers are complimentary expanded breakfast and Wi-Fi are included in the cost of the room. Thanks for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room was a suite, excellent condition and the Mahattan Dinning Room was charming. We will book our stay here when we return to La Jolla. It is nestled in the middle of the shopping of La Jolla. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Joel M, General Manager at Empress Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dunmuz,

We are happy that you liked your suite and that you enjoyed the Manhattan Restaurant. Our location is central to everything that La Jolla has to offer. Thanks for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back and soon!