2 people are viewing this hotel
US$214
PricelineUS$224
Hotels.comUS$224
FindHotelUS$224
All reviews great location ocean view within walking distance shops and restaurants top floor beds were comfortable third floor per day heart of la jolla balcony lobby cove wedding california
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

This was a spur of the moment vacation with me and my husband! This hotel was definitely a little gem and it’s so close to the beach and restaurants! Thank you to Juan who helped us check in a little early and he was so kind and welcoming! This was not a super fancy hotel but the view from our balcony was amazing! We stayed in a king size room with ocean view! It was definetly worth it and I would stay here again! Great place and very friendly staff!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott Blaul, General Manager at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

Dear SampU9901EF,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're very happy that you had a terrific stay with us. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our friendly team here. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope that when you travel the our destination again, you'll choose to stay with us again.
Safe Travels!
Scott Blaul

Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

Decided to not stay in a chain when planning our trip to California. Found this online and decided to give it a try. Great decision. The hotel is quiet, beautiful and within walking distance to the pacific and many restaurants and bars. The balcony from my room had a partial view and a great resting place at the end of the day All the employees are helpful and polite. Parking was easy in and out. I would stay again

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2021

If you are looking for a budget friendly stay and walking distance to the beach, look no further.

Check in ****** is at 3pm however, if you arrive early (like we did), you will get a parking pass to park in the lot and keycard to the restroom near the pool. Arrived at 1pm and my daughter enjoyed her alone time in the pool before our room was ready (2pm). Pool is not deep - 5 1/2 feet deep, so perfect for the young ones.

Rooms ***** all have a balcony. Our room had two chairs on the balcony. Fridge and blow dryer in our room came in handy. We used the air conditioner all night and it was not noisy. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Most important, it was quiet at night so we all got a good night's sleep.

Sanitizer stations ***** I liked that the Inn had sanitizer stations throughout. Came in handy when I didn't feel like digging in my purse to sanitize.

Parking ***** is available underground and outside the Inn. If you prefer outdoor parking, I suggest you park your vehicle by 4:30pm or the outdoor lot will be full.

Staff ****** was very friendly and informative. Will return!!!

Beach ***** about a 6-8 minute walk to the beach. Parking is hard to find at the beach after 9am. So leave early to the beach or stroll down. The beach is about 2 1/2- 3 blocks away.

Location **** everything is walking distance from the Inn. Bubba BBQ sells out fast and is about 3 minutes away from the Inn. Burger Lounge (a few blocks away) makes delicious burgers, shakes and grilled chicken sandwiches. Vons (grocery store) is a few blocks away and great place to pick up snacks or meals. Microwave is available near the pool.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank JstShacaz
Reviewed 9 March 2021 via mobile

The great: quick check-in, heated pool, self-serve hot chocolate was a hit with the kids, the hotel is in an excellent location. La Jolla is open for outdoor dining right now and we were able to walk everywhere from the Inn.

The ok: service at the front desk was “meh”, but admittedly our interactions were few

The not-so-great: Room 407 had water leakage and mold problems. We didn’t realize until the evening of our single night staycation that the squishy wet spot on the floor in front of the fridge was because said fridge was leaking. We opened the cabinet and I screamed because it was full of mold (see photos). Also the water leaked out of the poorly patched pipes beneath the sink. Overall, the room was old and in need of an update and the mold issue needs to be addressed as a health hazard.

Final verdict: the location can’t be beat, but the state of the hotel room left much to be desired.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jamarama3
Reviewed 16 November 2020

I'm quite surprised by the high rating of this hotel. I will say it was very clean and you cannot beat the location or price, but that is it. The low price reflects the quality of the hotel. The front staff, with the exception of the gal who checked us in and the older man who checked us out, was not friendly nor seemed to care. Often, there was no one standing in front to greet you and if they were, they didn't look up to say hello. Our room was clean, but the bathroom door latch was broken and we could not shut the door fully. The tub did not drain and the air/heating unit made a loud noise and we could not use it at night. It actually didn't even seem to work that well. I tried calling "0" for the front desk and I reached another guest room. I had this hotel set to use for my wedding block but I will not be using this hotel any longer. I would not recommend this hotel to my family or friends for my wedding. Not bad if you want a cheap night's stay in an expensive area but don't expect much.

Date of stay: November 2020