“Great Breakfast”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Over 24 years ago, we stumbled onto a sleepy little restaurant called the Cottage La Jolla. The restaurant was a local hangout and had a reputation for delicious food and friendly, personal service. Since 1992, our business has exploded, and in late 2009 we finished a complete renovation of the restaurant. Improvements include a handicap lift & restrooms, expanded kitchen & a fresh, new look. What hasn't changed is our passion for serving tasty, classic American & Southern California influenced food. We are also proud of the many servers, bussers and cooks that have been with us for years & years. We are often asked how we are able to operate two restaurants on different coasts, and our response is, "It's all about the people." Please take a moment to say hello to our Manager, Michael Harrison, on your next visit. Welcome to the Cottage!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were there on a chilly day in February and we ate outside. My 10 year old ordered an amazing fruit plate. Everything was amazing!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 373)

68 - 72 of 1 373 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed everything about this little gem. The menu appears average but the savory delight makes a tuna melt not a tuna melt, the poke lettuce cups worthy of another name and the stuffed avocado hands down, one of the best you'll ever try.
The ambience suits the local beach life scenery.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My family and visited San Diego for the first time ever and as we searched for places to eat we ran into this beautiful little restaurant. The food was not only out of this world delicious but they’re service was AMAZING!

We have 3 kids ages 8, 11, and 7 months old and everyone was comfortable and felt right at home. The boys loved their breakfast, I do however wish the kids breakfast came with a mix of both pancakes/french toast with eggs and bacon. My boys both as just French toast alone can become overwhelming. Nonetheless the boys loved their entrees.

The server, an older lady (very very sweet) was very accommodating and friendly. Despite her age she was faster in than most young waitresses in getting us water and whatever else we might need before we actually asked. She recommended we split a sandwich and share the stuffed French toast to get the best of both worlds. To my surprise our sandwich and fries came split into two separate plates.

We had a great time here and can’t wait for our next visit. Lord knows I’ll be thinking about that sandwich for months to come.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Hands down, the best pancakes I've ever had. The waiter recommended getting blueberries in them and it put the flavor over the top. The ricotta made them so moist. My daughter got a Caesar salad and said the dressing tasted like water, but I can't rave enough about the pancakes. Large portions also.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Incredible breakfast and lunch spot. Food is incredibly fresh and delicious. Everything from homemade granola with fresh fruit to eggs Benedict, with wonderful omelettes and scones- something for everyone!