“Just average”
Review of Shiku

Shiku
Ranked #73 of 1 241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I went her for my first night in La Jolla. Wish I didn't. The sushi was about average I guess I was expecting it to be a bit better since La Jolla is on coast line. For the money it wasn't worth the trip. I won't be coming back.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I have experienced better sushi, but this was still tasty. Food wise I would give Shikoku a 3/5. I rated it as a 4/5 because our waitress was very nice. We ordered garlic edamame not realizing it would be served with actual garlic chunks on it. We told the waitress of our mistake and she replaced it with salt edamame immediately. The spicy tuna and tempura shrimp rolls were very good. Skip the crispy salmon skin rolls.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Traditional variants of sushi (maki and nigiri) are done very well. The service is fast, the place is clean, bright.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We loved the food, service, and huge glass windows. It felt like we were eating outside. We each had a roll, seaweed salad and miso soup.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Went on a whim as we were told it was good and had interesting rolls. They were right. Service quick and efficient. Friendly staff made several suggestions and adjusted servings to our liking. will go back on our next visit.