6 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$323
FindHotelUS$331
Reviews (1 314)
1 314 results
All reviews la jolla shores chairs and umbrellas beachfront room ping pong third floor ocean front marine room shuttle service beach access parking garage free shuttle san diego garden view king bed sea lions surfers kitchenette
Selected filters
7 - 12 of 1 314 reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2021

Fabulous experience. My wife,12-yr old daughter, and I celebrated our 15th anniversary at the hotel. It was our first trip to the San Diego area. The value is incredible, staff so pleasant and appreciative, steps from the beach and location is perfect. Super low stress; walk 10 steps to the beach, friendly kids set up umbrella, chairs and towels, sit down and soak up the view and the fun. Daughter played in the waves all day. Perfect spot to base out of to see the sights of the area. A block from stores, surf shops and great restaurants. Well done.

1  Thank marcmac1
Reviewed 22 July 2021

Relaxing, we had a blast first morning we went for a walk in the beach and came to ask the umbrella people for a couple of chairs and umbrella....They made us feel like royalty its like we were somebody important WOW...great feeling we don't get that a lot...Beautiful Place on Earth Thank You Guys....

Reviewed 12 July 2021

Hotel is in a great location but they take advantage of that. I paid over $1000 for two nights and was unable to get a restful nights sleep either night. The A/C in our room was a window unit on the floor in a corner of the room behind a nightstand. I turned it on the first night to max cool and high fan. It never got below 78 degrees. I called for maintenance and also went to the front desk and called again. Someone finally showed up late the second day and said they “fixed” it. Well, it was the same as the night before. 78-80. I slept miserably! Tried to talk with manager the next morning, but he was “unavailable”. I asked for a call to discuss this issue, but never heard from anyone. I was very polite throughout this whole issue but did not receive the same courtesy in response. I have stayed in a lot of very nice hotels/resorts and this one is at the bottom of my list. Such a shame as the location is perfect but I guess they just take advantage of that and don’t care about customers or service. I will not be staying here again and will be letting my friends and colleagues know to stay away.

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank bchusie
Reviewed 11 July 2021

It was a great location, right on the beach. The rooms are dated and could be updated. We didn't have a view, even though we paid top dollar and reserved the room about three months beforehand. The food was OK at the restaurant.

Reviewed 10 July 2021

We stayed at the La Jolla Shores Hotel for 6 nights. We have been spending a week at this property during the summer for the past 10 years. I understand some of the not so positive feedback from other reviews. However, from our previous experience as a family with kids this property offers the best and gets the highest marks for the different activities available for a family vacation. We love the security of the property, and the outstanding staff top the list. Yes, the property is dated; however, the location makes up for it all. Walk out of the room and step into the sand! The Beach Services staff (McKenzie, Kaleb, Jacob, Matt, and sorry if I missed others) do a great job of making sure the beach experience is fun and comfortable. The rest of the staff lead by the GM, Chuck Merriman, are accommodating and quick to take care of any issues.
Our extended family decided to try our summer getaway spot this year, and everyone was happy. Nothing beats a run to the beach after a day visiting the many San Diego area attractions. As a business owner, I understand first-hand the challenges presented by the COVID pandemic. Struggles with staffing and supplies are a daily challenge, and I believe the same situation exists for most businesses. Given the situation, our experience was great as we believe the management and staff have done a great job to improvise and do their best given the circumstances. Our family, young and younger, have all had a great time. We will definitely be back next July to continue our tradition. Thank you to everyone for your hard work and efforts!!

Joe A. and family