Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (1 314)
1 314 results
All reviews la jolla shores chairs and umbrellas beachfront room ping pong third floor ocean front marine room shuttle service beach access parking garage free shuttle san diego garden view king bed sea lions surfers kitchenette
Selected filters
9 - 14 of 1 314 reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2021

Hotel is in a great location but they take advantage of that. I paid over $1000 for two nights and was unable to get a restful nights sleep either night. The A/C in our room was a window unit on the floor in a corner of the room behind a nightstand. I turned it on the first night to max cool and high fan. It never got below 78 degrees. I called for maintenance and also went to the front desk and called again. Someone finally showed up late the second day and said they “fixed” it. Well, it was the same as the night before. 78-80. I slept miserably! Tried to talk with manager the next morning, but he was “unavailable”. I asked for a call to discuss this issue, but never heard from anyone. I was very polite throughout this whole issue but did not receive the same courtesy in response. I have stayed in a lot of very nice hotels/resorts and this one is at the bottom of my list. Such a shame as the location is perfect but I guess they just take advantage of that and don’t care about customers or service. I will not be staying here again and will be letting my friends and colleagues know to stay away.

2  Thank bchusie
Reviewed 11 July 2021

It was a great location, right on the beach. The rooms are dated and could be updated. We didn't have a view, even though we paid top dollar and reserved the room about three months beforehand. The food was OK at the restaurant.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 10 July 2021

We stayed at the La Jolla Shores Hotel for 6 nights. We have been spending a week at this property during the summer for the past 10 years. I understand some of the not so positive feedback from other reviews. However, from our previous experience as a family with kids this property offers the best and gets the highest marks for the different activities available for a family vacation. We love the security of the property, and the outstanding staff top the list. Yes, the property is dated; however, the location makes up for it all. Walk out of the room and step into the sand! The Beach Services staff (McKenzie, Kaleb, Jacob, Matt, and sorry if I missed others) do a great job of making sure the beach experience is fun and comfortable. The rest of the staff lead by the GM, Chuck Merriman, are accommodating and quick to take care of any issues.
Our extended family decided to try our summer getaway spot this year, and everyone was happy. Nothing beats a run to the beach after a day visiting the many San Diego area attractions. As a business owner, I understand first-hand the challenges presented by the COVID pandemic. Struggles with staffing and supplies are a daily challenge, and I believe the same situation exists for most businesses. Given the situation, our experience was great as we believe the management and staff have done a great job to improvise and do their best given the circumstances. Our family, young and younger, have all had a great time. We will definitely be back next July to continue our tradition. Thank you to everyone for your hard work and efforts!!

Joe A. and family

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 5 July 2021

I was expecting a luxury hotel facing the beach in La Jolla. Got a rude awakening at arrival. Old and outdated, dirty room with minimal amenities and horribly overpriced.
Understaffed restaurant hardly functioning, no daily maid service.(

1  Thank arienne2021
Reviewed 27 June 2021

After we had a terrible experience trying to check in to the Hotel Del Coronado, we decided to leave and we were scrambling to find a beach front hotel. Luckily, we found La Jolla Shores. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The hotel was great. They offered complimentary ping-pong, corn hole, games, beach chairs & umbrellas. Our room had an ocean view and was clean and comfortable. This hotel is right on the beach and within a short walking distance to shops and restaurants, as well as a park. It's a great hotel for families and kids. We really loved our stay here and would recommend this place to anyone staying in San Diego, or the La Jolla area. Great hotel. Loved it.

2  Thank N4246LIlauram