Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Travelocity
Hotels.com
Reviews (1 300)
1 300 results
All reviews la jolla shores chairs and umbrellas beachfront room ping pong third floor ocean front marine room shuttle service beach access parking garage free shuttle san diego garden view king bed sea lions surfers kitchenette
Selected filters
7 - 12 of 1 300 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just stayed for a couple of days over Mother's Day weekend. Fantastic location, right at the sand and they provide umbrellas, chairs and towels which they set up for you. Great restaurants right around the corner. Would stay here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve travelled and stayed at many hotels in my life. This one ranks in my top 5. It is not the fanciest hotel that I’ve ever stayed at; what makes this hotel experience remarkable, is that someone, the owner or GM perhaps, someone really cares. The way in which this manifests most clearly is in the cleanliness of the grounds and the service staff. From the front desk to the “beach boys”, always personable, always friendly. Bravo!

Room tip: Stay long and stay often!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room had an ocean view balcony which was very enjoyable. the hotel is older, but the rooms have been updated and were comfortable with nice linens. The La Jolla cove is an amazing place with nature trails, paddle boarding, kayaks, scuba and of course surfing. Fun escape for this
Arizona couple.

Reviewed 5 May 2021

We spent a weekend here in April 2021 in a beach front room on the first floor. Here's my main beef with the hotel - you're paying all this money for an ocean view room, presumably because you'd like to look at the ocean while in your room (the hotel is on the beach, so no room is especially advantaged in terms of distance to the sand). However, if they stick you on the first floor (as we were stuck), your room looks right out at eye level on the boardwalk giving you zero privacy. Of course there is a privacy curtain, but that fully obstructs your view of the ocean. Had I known this going in I wouldn't have paid extra for the ocean view room. The pictures on the website are naturally of upper floor rooms, which (I imagine) would feel much more private.

Also, I'm not someone who requires a luxurious bathroom (nor am I especially tall), but the showerhead came out at about nose-level for me. The hotel is a little dated, sure, but it's not "Oh, people were a lot smaller back then" old. Raise the shower heads guys - a 5'9" person shouldn't have to stoop to wash their hair.

Walls are pretty thin too - we could here the people on both sides of us (turning on the A/C fan helped with that though).

Anyway - the beach proximity is great, but the overall value felt pretty "meh." Probably wouldn't stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 4 May 2021

Discovered a bedbug on the comforter the morning after our first night. We were in room 125 on the first floor. Took it to the front desk, where the supervisor immediately said, "That's not a bedbug, that's a carpet beetle." She offered to send engineering to investigate. We decided to leave since she offered us no change of room, no help finding another hotel, no offer to wash our clothing, or even an acknowledgement that it was a bedbug. They did refund our money.

We sent the picture to an entomologist friend and later took it to the county agriculture department who confirmed it was a bedbug.

Date of stay: April 2021