Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$213
Expedia.comUS$213
FindHotelUS$213
Hotels.comUS$213
Agoda.comUS$213
TripadvisorUS$213
Reviews (1 755)
1 755 results
All reviews whole foods the club lounge koi pond front desk san diego starbucks coffee beautiful grounds minute drive humphreys spg rhonda freeway property cvs shutters microwave conference
Selected filters
3 - 8 of 1 755 reviews
Reviewed 29 April 2021

We stayed two nights in December for a friend's 40th birthday celebration. We chose this hotel based on price. Well, you pay for what you get! It was...old! We probably should have spent more to stay somewhere else, but we paid a pretty penny on a wine tour that weekend, so we wanted to be budget-minded about our trip. Luckily, we did not spend a whole lot of time at the hotel due to the birthday festivities. The hotel grounds were nice, but that was about it. We wouldn't stay again unless the hotel rooms are remodeled, which there is a depserate need for!

Room tip: Find another hotel with newer rooms!
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Mdgrl79
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

Dear Mdgrl79,

Thanks for staying with us while you were here to celebrate your friend’s birthday. We are happy you had an overall pleasant experience with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding the upgrade, your comments will be shared with our team and we will use them for future improvements. We hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to San Diego!

Reviewed 20 April 2021

I have to share my unpleasant experience at this hotel. One thing is for sure - I will never stay at this hotel again!!
Certainly, you can blame pandemic for the rude staff at the front desk, and for poor operational procedures. But it was not pandemic's fault that the hotel's staff is badly trained. The GM of this hotel, should hire a better administrators and the front desk people. If anything, this hotel should create an extra-welcoming atmosphere for the guests, especially in the current, highly competitive, situation due to the Covid-19. I think the management of this hotel (or its probably, its corporate leadership) forgot that "greedy pays twice". They charge $25 a night to park the car, don't offer free breakfast and their front desk associates won't open the door to the lobby if you arrive after 5pm, so you will have to talk to them over the outside phone!! Overall, I felt like I was ripped off by the cheap motel (I paid $140 a one-night stay, not including my, almost $30 parking, with zero breakfast, because their most disant-size meal starts at $15!!). But wait, there is more... Their concierge knocked into my door to deliver someone else's luggage, so that was a "nice" bonus... LOL Yes, this is laughable and ridiculous!!

Room tip: very noisy at night
Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank VTravelsWorld
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

Dear VTravelsWorld,

Thank you for being our guest. We pride ourselves on service excellence so it was disappointing to read that we did not provide you with the hospitality that you have come to expect with our brand. We truly appreciate your feedback as it helps our management team continue to improve in providing consistently great service every day.

We also regret your disappointment with the parking fee and that we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. This information is listed on our website so that our guests can be aware of this at the time of their reservation. We are grateful for your patience and are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 6 March 2021

We came as a family looking to escape the heat for a weekend. Had a lovely stay with a very helpful staff and a great pool. Rooms are small for families, but the outdoor grounds help quite a bit. The koi pond is lovely and well maintained, as are the outdoor amenities (hot tub was closed but the pool more than makes up for it). Overall a nice stay with lots of fellow families and good overall service.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Dorothy S
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2021

Dear Dorothy S,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel. We are glad you had a good time with us and loved our courteous associates and thoughtful amenities. We are grateful for your business and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 26 February 2021

I stayed here on February 24 for one night. Coffee in the room was expired and one package had a expiration date of Dec 2020 and the package was opened by a previous guest. With Covid 19, are the rooms really being cleaned and sanitized as those coffee should have been thrown away a long time ago instead of leaving it for guest after guest and people touching the bags of coffee. Also there were no bottled water in the room and when I asked the front desk for some, the lady told me that they do not provide water even though on the website, it says that it is one of the amenities. Also as a Ambassador member, there was no evening reception. I come to San Diego two days a week and get better service from Courtyard Marriott as during this pandemic there is no need to pay extra money to stay at Sheraton and Marriott hotels.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank ANDY1888
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear ANDY1888,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty. We appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations due to these current circumstances and for the condition of your room. Our guests' well-being has been and continues to be an integral part of our safety policies and procedures, particularly during these challenging times. We appreciate your valuable feedback; you have our assurance that we will look into your concerns and take any necessary action. We are committed to providing the best accommodations and service, and we hope you will consider a future visit to experience the level of hospitality we are typically known for extending to our guests.

Reviewed 7 December 2020

Stayed 8 nights during Thanksgiving 2020.

The stay was very pleasant. The rooms were clean and nice. I hardly saw any other guests or employees. An employee went out of his way when the vending machine was not working to give me 4 bottles of water. The lack of daily room service was acceptable during these times (once every 5 days?). The front desk and the laundry room in the back gave out free towels when needed. The warm pool was also great, and it is open late (even during covid).
There is plenty of street parking near by (at your own risk), so dont be discouraged by the $23 a day charge to park your car.
The only issue I had is a huge centipede bug crawled into my bathroom while I was using it and almost gave me a heart attack - but thats San Diego for you.
I stayed 8 nights and will recommend the Sheraton to my friends and business associates. 5 stars.

Room tip: location, food, entertainment, clean, open pool, heated pool, great service
Date of stay: November 2020
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Dear NBzcar,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel. We are happy to read that your experience with us was a pleasant one and that our associates took good care of you. Your praises about our spotless accommodations and location close to shopping venues and several eateries are also a joy to read. We are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to our area.