11 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$202
TravelocityUS$202
Reviews (1 753)
1 753 results
All reviews whole foods the club lounge koi pond front desk san diego starbucks coffee beautiful grounds minute drive humphreys spg rhonda freeway property cvs shutters microwave conference
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 1 753 reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2021

I stayed here on February 24 for one night. Coffee in the room was expired and one package had a expiration date of Dec 2020 and the package was opened by a previous guest. With Covid 19, are the rooms really being cleaned and sanitized as those coffee should have been thrown away a long time ago instead of leaving it for guest after guest and people touching the bags of coffee. Also there were no bottled water in the room and when I asked the front desk for some, the lady told me that they do not provide water even though on the website, it says that it is one of the amenities. Also as a Ambassador member, there was no evening reception. I come to San Diego two days a week and get better service from Courtyard Marriott as during this pandemic there is no need to pay extra money to stay at Sheraton and Marriott hotels.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ANDY1888
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear ANDY1888,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty. We appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations due to these current circumstances and for the condition of your room. Our guests' well-being has been and continues to be an integral part of our safety policies and procedures, particularly during these challenging times. We appreciate your valuable feedback; you have our assurance that we will look into your concerns and take any necessary action. We are committed to providing the best accommodations and service, and we hope you will consider a future visit to experience the level of hospitality we are typically known for extending to our guests.

Reviewed 7 December 2020

Stayed 8 nights during Thanksgiving 2020.

The stay was very pleasant. The rooms were clean and nice. I hardly saw any other guests or employees. An employee went out of his way when the vending machine was not working to give me 4 bottles of water. The lack of daily room service was acceptable during these times (once every 5 days?). The front desk and the laundry room in the back gave out free towels when needed. The warm pool was also great, and it is open late (even during covid).
There is plenty of street parking near by (at your own risk), so dont be discouraged by the $23 a day charge to park your car.
The only issue I had is a huge centipede bug crawled into my bathroom while I was using it and almost gave me a heart attack - but thats San Diego for you.
I stayed 8 nights and will recommend the Sheraton to my friends and business associates. 5 stars.

Room tip: location, food, entertainment, clean, open pool, heated pool, great service
Date of stay: November 2020
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Dear NBzcar,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel. We are happy to read that your experience with us was a pleasant one and that our associates took good care of you. Your praises about our spotless accommodations and location close to shopping venues and several eateries are also a joy to read. We are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

I arrived and was upgraded to a larger room due to status. That was nice I enjoyed my stay love those beds. The hotel does show its age. It could use a facelift. It was clean but just dated. They had a sign to welcome you to the SPG members level of the hotel. The lounge was closed they did offer some coupons to use. But you needed to go to the bar during specific hours to use them. Same with breakfast had to go get it according to the tickets. Would have preferred if they had an order form and you just put your order in and they brought over the items.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ryangr
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

Dear ryangr,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton La Jolla Hotel. We are glad you had a good time with us and loved our comfortable rooms. We also value your additional comments about our property and will surely review it with the appropriate individuals in our organization. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Travel these days is a challenge. I appreciate the many hospitality extras that the Sheraton La Jolla embraces. The setting is welcoming, safe and convenient. The Sheraton makes travel feel ... good ... again.l

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Dear cos_sea,

Thank you for your heartwarming review of Sheraton La Jolla Hotel and for appreciating our team's efforts in maintaining a clean, welcoming, and safe environment for our guests. We are charmed to know you were impressed with our exceptional hospitality. Thank you once more for being our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you again for another rejuvenating experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2020

Because of COVID they don't have daily maid service. OK - but I at least expect they clean the rooms in between visitors. The rug was filthy (not sure if it has been vacuumed properly recently) the rooms are dark on the first floor (maybe 2nd floors get more sun light). The trash cans outside by the pool was full for days before they finally emptied it. The rooms are in bad need of renovation/update (the rooms are old and tired, the faucet leaked and the toilet seat was very low). I stayed for 4 nights and it was not a comfortable stay. I will avoid this hotel in the future. The $23 per day parking is ridiculous (I recommend, parking on the street out front). I am giving it a two starts out of five because it is at a VERY convenient location if you are visiting UC San Diego (which was key for me)

Room tip: avoid if you can
Date of stay: September 2020
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Maintaining a clean and fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority, especially during these unprecedented times. We sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations but ours as well. We will follow up on your concerns to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next visit. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to prove we are up to the task of delivering excellent service and accommodations.