“Plentiful”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had the fish tacos, lots of thick pieces of fish however it was on the dry side. Hubby had the shrimp sandwich on sour dough and it was juicy and delicious. I wish I had gotten that instead of the tacos. It was a filling meal. Staff were friendly. Place is clean.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We loved our lunch at El Pescador. The place was modern and sleek with clean architecture and a nice bathroom. My hubby's calamari sandwich was on delcious bread and my shrimp tacos were yummy. They had a large menu of fresh fish and the price was reasonable for the quality of food.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Aside from the taco stand across the street, this seemed to be the busiest restaurant on Pearl. And it was for a good reason. You enter and you smell the ocean. You can buy fish here either raw or prepared in many ways or you can eat in as we did. We ordered and split a Chilean sea bass and a Spanish octopus sandwich. Both were very good: fresh, tender succulent fish with lettuce and tomato. Good beer selection. The dining room was packed, so we sat out on the street in a very nice area with tables and a wall of a succulents lining the outdoor cafe area. You order at the cash register, pay and take a number to you table. Very pleasant servers then bring the food to you. A restaurant not to be missed when visiting La Jolla.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here for dinner on a Sunday. The food is fine, but the restarunt is really crowded. There are also not enough waiters. I waited for ten minutes to get my drink served, and even longer to get my food.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We made time to visit El Pescador because of all the positive reviews and came away disappointed. We each had a bowl of clam chowder and weren’t that impressed. The shrimp cocktail we had with the medium shrimp was delish, especially the cocktail sauce. I had a salmon sandwich, my husband the halibut. Both sandwiches had minimal fish on them and I think we would have been happier with a platter where we could better enjoy the fish. We’ll look elsewhere next trip for a seafood fix